Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has gotten a new set of summer tires. The recommended is Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. I would like to know if someone has used other tires and if so, how are they wearing. I am at 9500 miles at almost 1 year with a fair amount of wear. I have seen other tires that fit and wondered about their longevity.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I am almost at 10K and my front outsides are pretty much gone. Middle and inside still has plenty of tread. But, this is a good time to start looking at tires. Anybody changed their tires yet? How many miles did you get out of the originals? Can we have the tires dis and re-mouted on the other side? I haven't studied our treadpattern to see if they are asymmetrical or directional.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
$800 is not bad. I thought the cost would been higher. How do I see the the tires are ready for replacement. I am nearly at 9k and I also see the outside of the front tires is pretty much gone.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
$800 is not bad. I thought the cost would been higher. How do I see the the tires are ready for replacement. I am nearly at 9k and I also see the outside of the front tires is pretty much gone.
The outside part of the tire is pretty thin and wears out quickly. I have over 16K of highway miles on my tires and there is still thread left above the wear indicators. The outside part has been worn out since about 5K Miles.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
At our dealership we've been replacing tires any were from 10,000 up to 15,000 miles I find people who check the air pressure at least once a month are getting the higher mileage compared to customer who don't.I have one car in the shop now 10K the front tires look like they will make it too 15K the rears are down to the wear bars

·
Registered
784 Posts
I reached 13K (miles) without much wearing, but that was mostly highway driving. I could have reached 20-25K before they would have had to be replaced.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great link. Looks like replacements are very reasonable. Less than 1/3rd of what replacing the tires on my Gallardo was. I can definitely live with this.
+1

Those prices for 22 inch rubber - engineered specifically for the Karma - are downright and utterly reasonable. What a pleasant surprise as compared to just about every other high-end car I've owned.

Needing tires every 10-15k miles just comes with the territory of owning a high end car. It could be worse, IIRC, the Bugatti Veyron needs new shoes every 2,500 miles at the staggering cost of $25,000 per set. Yes, not a typo. Count your blessings.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Has anyone tried the Yokos? If they are all weather and the stock Karma does not handle great in ice/snow it couldn't hurt, right? It would be great to get a testimonial though about road noise, ride, etc. from someone who put on the Yokos.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 21 inch wheels with Snow Tires are Yokos as you probably know. I assume you are talking about 22 inch Yokos all season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Sandy Eggo - if you can afford a Veyron, $25 for tires twice a year is like me going out and buying a pack of gum :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts