Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a car nut, I've owned a number of nice cars over the years. But I have to say I am floored by the uniformly positive public reaction my car has generated during my first 4 days of ownership. Teenagers, senior citizens, car nuts, average folks, men, women, it doesn't seem to matter. EVERYONE compliments the styling of the Karma and the finish of the interior. Very few have heard of it or know that it is a plug-in hybrid - that doesn't seem to matter. The Karma stands out as a beautiful design, consistent with the Automobile Magazine Design of the Year award.

Are the rest of you who have been lucky enough to receive cars experiencing the same reactions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep. I have been amazed at the number of times I've walked out of the grocery store/restaurant/movie theater/etc and encountered people taking pictures of the car. It must be at least half the times I've parked the car I've had the "photographer moment."

Beyond the photos I've had tons of compliments from guys, gals, and kids. Truly amazing.

Perhaps it's the Shadow/Canyon combo.. ;-)

·
Registered
784 Posts
It's a shame though that many of those people don't seem to realize that this car is elektric. It's the perfect proof that environmental friendliness is not hostile to the world of cars, and vice versa. But many people are missing that message. That's why, as soon as I have my Karma, I will order a nice sticker to put on the back with the word ELECTRIC (I found an nice design already but need to have it made in the right size, and for that I need my car - *hint*).

When it looks good on the car I can even have it made on a larger scale and send it out to interested Karma-owners :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Perhaps if one of you new owners starts doing laps around the Fox News headquarters we'll really win people over...

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Personalized license plate ideas: [ ITSELEC ] [ LECTRIC ] [ LECTRIK ] [ HYBRID ] [ HIBREED ] [ VOLTKLR ]
[ E MOTO ]

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Fab,

How much do personalized license plates cost in Cali? Never had one but think now might be a good time to jump in...

·
Registered
55 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Personalized license plate ideas: [ ITSELEC ] [ LECTRIC ] [ LECTRIK ] [ HYBRID ] [ HIBREED ] [ VOLTKLR ]
[ E MOTO ]
[ HIHENRIK ] [ FISKY ] [ 1300 NM ] [ WAWAWA ] (tron noise) [ EEEEEEE ] (electric noise)

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
Fab,

How much do personalized license plates cost in Cali? Never had one but think now might be a good time to jump in...
Registering cars in California is already so expensive that the extra charge for a "special interest plate" is less than $50 a year. There are a number of different themes you can get (Standard plate, Sept. 11 Memorial, Lake Tahoe, etc.) and the money collected by DMV for the plates goes to specific causes. The DMV has a great website where you can see if the plate is available and to reserve it. Here is the Link.

-- Fab.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fabulist said:
Registering cars in California is already so expensive that the extra charge for a "special interest plate" is less than $50 a year. There are a number of different themes you can get (Standard plate, Sept. 11 Memorial, Lake Tahoe, etc.) and the money collected by DMV for the plates goes to specific causes. The DMV has a great website where you can see if the plate is available and to reserve it. Here is the Link.
I ordered FISKAR on the "arts" plate which has palm trees on the left and room for 6 characters. They said it will take 8-12 weeks to get it.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Nice! I wish it had more letter options!!!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
You can be pretty creative with 7 letters (some of the themes are limited to 6 letters). For example, I recently sold a restored HMWWV that I bought in 2002 for which I had managed to get the Sept. 11 Memorial license plate that read: NO RTRT (No Retreat). It really fit the car's ex-military image and the general mood about the event itself.

-- Fab.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Fabulist said:
SoCalGuy said:
You can be pretty creative with 7 letters (some of the themes are limited to 6 letters). For example, I recently sold a restored HMWWV that I bought in 2002 for which I had managed to get the Sept. 11 Memorial license plate that read: NO RTRT (No Retreat). It really fit the car's ex-military image and the general mood about the event itself.

-- Fab.
I was considering the plate " EV ER " for my Karma. It fits nicely on plates that allow 5, 6 or 7 letters. My thinking was that it might lead to people asking "what does that mean" which gives you a chance to explain how they are looking at an electric car.

I ended up with a different plate though, but you'll have to wait until I get the car and plate for pictures :cool:

Brent

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I like mine. But if I don't get the car soon California DMV is going to take it back![hr]
Other plate I was considering was "Fskever". Or some variant of Fisker and Ever.

·
Registered
103 Posts
In the few days I had my car, it got tons of attention. The only car I have had that was similar was my 2003 Viper. In truth, I do hope some of it wears off. I don't really like drawing attention to myself. I have to say that I have been very surprised at the amount of attention it garners.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts