Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for a solution in the forum, but could not. After putting 5 gallons of gas in yesterday (only because the low fuel reminder was bothering me) I have the "check gas cap" light on. I tried re tightening the cap, having the car power down, etc. Any suggestions? :-/

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Your gas door actuator has most likely popped out of place. Open the gas door flap, check the mechanical part in there that would open the door. If it's been moved/pushed in a bit, it'll need to be installed back into place.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Your gas door actuator has most likely popped out of place. Open the gas door flap, check the mechanical part in there that would open the door. If it's been moved/pushed in a bit, it'll need to be installed back into place.
The actuator (a black, rectangular switch module) is accessible through a panel behind the trunk liner by the gas filler. The module is a press fit and can loosen up again. I had to put a couple of drops of glue, i.e., Krazy Glue, on the top of the housing to keep it in place. No problems since then.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Any chance of getting a picture of this. Mine just started it after driving to CA and back over the weekend. As soon as I got near home and popped off Sport to use the last of my 27 stealth miles, the filler cap loose light came on and stayed on even after I filled up my tank. Also simultaneously, I have a P04EC Check Engine light. Is this something known?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Any chance of getting a picture of this. Mine just started it after driving to CA and back over the weekend. As soon as I got near home and popped off Sport to use the last of my 27 stealth miles, the filler cap loose light came on and stayed on even after I filled up my tank. Also simultaneously, I have a P04EC Check Engine light. Is this something known?
Did you open the gas cap door and look to see if the lock has dropped down into the quarter panel or has come loose ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
No, it didn't appear to be out of whack, though I've never closely examined it before. However, after checking it again last night ... the filler cap light went off today. Got my car into my CSP, and the CEL code was one that came up as UNidentified on his Scan Tool. So, he cleared it, and it didn't come back at all after a few subsequent drives today. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
859 Posts
P04EC is an SAE generic (not Karma-specific) error code. Here's what it means:

"EVAP System Large Leak Detected – Fuel Tank Side."

This error code may be related to the fuel door issue you had.

The fuel door latch/Microswitch assembly often gets pushed back from its seated position. As stated by our tech experts, it's best to glue it in place. I used Gorilla Instant Glue on mine. To do this properly, you'll need to access the back of the switch assembly through the rug panel on the right-side of the trunk. That panel is easily lifted away to allow your hand to secure the the part far forward and locked in place as the glue dries.

Simply apply one or two drops of glue to the FRONT of the part at the filler door, then hold the BACK of the assembly in place from the trunk side as the glue dries. The whole operation takes about 5 minutes.

Hint: Don't use more then a drop or two of glue since you might have to replace the switch someday and you don't want to have to chisel it out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks. Mine seems to have corrected itself for now. The code is not coming back so far. And the Cap Light is now off. But, GTK if it comes back. Thanks a lot! (And, nice to meet you Sunday!).

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks. Mine seems to have corrected itself for now. The code is not coming back so far. And the Cap Light is now off. But, GTK if it comes back. Thanks a lot! (And, nice to meet you Sunday!).
Good news. It was nice to meet you as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts