Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could we find a faster way of getting these stupid trolling threads from @lindamolon and now @allencolins (who I assume are either the same a$$hole or are related) blown away? Can we make new people who join wait 48 hours before they can create a thread or something? Getting tired of weeding through 6 useless threads to find the actual conversations going on. :mad:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or, could we block links entered to this website (which I'm not crazy enough to actually click on, but somebody will ...):

https: //www.reddit.com

(Extra space inserted above to prevent this from appearing as an actual link).

And, meanwhile -- could we delete the threads from the individuals above?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, was I the only one who was frustrated by seeing 8 or 10 new fictitious threads every other day? Or, was I just too strident?

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's stupid - ban - delete and then maybe there should be a waiting limit after joining to be able to post - like one week or something ?

·
Registered
334 Posts
@JCMORRILL - I dislike seeing those too, I was just to lazy to create a new thread to complain!

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
@JCMORRILL - I dislike seeing those too, I was just to lazy to create a new thread to complain!
For every spammy post you see Fabulist and I probably see a dozen. We both stay very active keeping the forum clear and the auto-moderation actually does catch most things (but not all, obviously). It was decided early on that active moderation and putting up with a little short-lived spam was preferable to introducing hurdles for legitimate users and stifling conversation. I still think this is the correct call. There are plenty of lurkers here who decide to register and make a post when they suddenly need information right away - for example for a car issue - and it doesn't benefit them or our community to put in cooling off periods. Plus, it wouldn't help; the robot spammers would just adapt and work around it. By the way, almost all of the spam here is bot generated and not an actual person creating accounts or making posts.

Spam is an annoying fact of life but IMO ultimately a small price to pay for this hugely valuable and free-to-use community.

Brent
One of your humble moderators

·
Registered
854 Posts
Checking here periodically to see if there's any news, and yeah do see a lot of spam on occasion.

When the OP says "trolls" I assume he means "spammers". Trolls are different and actually a lot more work to deal with. Spammers typically can be dealt with using software and the StopForumSpam database. But that's something the admin would have to take care of and tweak. I'm not sure how much attention this site gets since it became owned by AutoGuide.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Please stop posting here. The moderators - who are all volunteers - are addressing these issues as they arise. Please use the Report This Post function (the exclamation mark in a yellow triangle icon under a user's name) to report suspected spam and trolls.

I am closing this thread to further posts. We get it.

Brent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.