Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I had what appears to be water in the CIU. I let it sit in the garage for a few months to dry out, and since then no more problem.

EXCEPT!!

When I put it in Reverse, 9 times out of 10 all I get is a green screen. I've sat in Reverse for up to 10 minutes with the brake pedal engaged, and it never changes.

The 10th time out of 10, it's just black. It has the buttons and everything on the top and left, but just black instead of the camera image.

I tried a hard reset, letting it sit disconnected for about 10 minutes, but that had no impact.

It remembers the radio station settings and everything, so I don't THINK it's a symptom of the CIU going bad? Re-flashing isn't an easy option, though, as @FiskerPhilly is the closest mechanic and he's a 9 hour drive :-O

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
391 Posts
It remembers the radio station settings and everything, so I don't THINK it's a symptom of the CIU going bad? Re-flashing isn't an easy option, though, as @FiskerPhilly is the closest mechanic and he's a 9 hour drive :-O

Any other suggestions?
@Harleyguy has a reflash tool that he can ship to you for a fee. I did this on my Karma when the radio presets disappeared and the back-up camera was also not operational. He (Adam) may be able to advise if he thinks reflashing will help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@FiskerPhilly emailed me, he doesn't think that a flash will help :-(

It sounds like I'll have to remove the CIU and send it to him to either be repaired or replaced, but at this point I'm not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze. If this is the only problem and it's not going to turn in to more problems down the road, then that's a lot of work and money just for a backup camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts