Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really strange.
Went to work yesterday. Drove all day on Battery with the Fuel tank 3/4 full.
Plugged in car yesterday evening to charge.

This morning I am ready to part. Battery is fully charged but Fuel Indicator says I have no more gasoline...

Anyone knows this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I've seen this before. It happens rarely, and hasn't for me in a while.

My uneducated guess of what's happening is that during the startup/wakeup sequence some message on the communication bus was missed and the gauge never receives an initiating signal. Sometimes this happens because something unusual was going on during the startup (lots of other traffic on the bus, etc) and sometimes it just *happens*. In the early days of the car's software it would happen ALL THE TIME and many early users develop careful startup-sequences and rain dances we would use to avoid it. Fortunately the incidence of this happening now is rare.

Here's the good news: The next time your car goes to sleep and restarts I'm betting it will be back to normal and all of your gasoline will reappear.

Brent

·
Registered
59 Posts
Really strange.
Went to work yesterday. Drove all day on Battery with the Fuel tank 3/4 full.
Plugged in car yesterday evening to charge.

This morning I am ready to part. Battery is fully charged but Fuel Indicator says I have no more gasoline...

Anyone knows this issue?
I get this every time if I open the door or wake up the car before unplugging the charge cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts