Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made it back from Afghanistan and I took a drive down to Miami to visit some friends from the army. Drove from Orlando to Miami and initially when I got back the cars 12v batt was dead. I found a guy on the internet that had a shop in Miami and still worked on fiskers. He walked me through exactly what I had to do to this dead automobile and she hummed back to life. It was a good day. I headed down and a couple days later headed back.

On the way back I found the service center where I met Harleyguy and he checked everything out on my car and made sure everything was up to date. Also taught me a few new things on the vehicle. This is going to be my new fisker tech.

Once headed home, the second stop to ad fuel I noticed the fuel cap light and check engine light came on. I stopped and checked the cap and was not loose. I removed and re tightened and nothing. Finally I looked at the door and noticed a button so I started playing with it. It was extreamly stiff so I will give it a shot of chain wax when I get home but once I got back in the car the fuel light finally went off. It was the little stuck button. Now the problem is the check engine light never went away. I am sure it is because the fuel door light was on for so long but is there any way to get it to turn off

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The fuel door light and CEL have no correlation, so it's not that. It's possible it's simply just EVAP related. A generic scan tool can check the codes and clear them out for you.

Thanks for serving. I'm ex-Air Force myself.

·
Cloud Based App Developer
91 Posts
It may be because you have put in more gasoline than it's needed. I saw a post from someone on this forum who ran into a similar situation like you and he discovered that he always squeezed in more gas than it needed and he ended up with check engine and the fuel cap light.

You will be surprised to know that I got a open trunk light. I went back , open the trunk and notice that I did not put the top area ( piece of carpet, whatever you want to call it, underneath there is this tire repair tool kit is ) back properly. I placed it properly and the light was gone. I think the censor in this car are very sensitive...

Just like Lormax said, you can clear out the check engine light through generic scan tool.. I did mine with autozone ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts