Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I´ve got a ticking sound from my front wheels.
Sounds loud and clear when I´m turrning the wheels in very low speed, like in a parking lot. Nothing when I´m driving straight ahead.

I just lifted the car, and turned the wheels by hand, and I think that I can hear a little tick tick tick when I spin the wheel.

Does anyone have experience of this?
Can it be the bearings?
I will also test all bushings, but I dont think that it can make that kind of ticking sound.

Help please.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Hi guys.
I´ve got a ticking sound from my front wheels.
Sounds loud and clear when I´m turrning the wheels in very low speed, like in a parking lot. Nothing when I´m driving straight ahead.

I just lifted the car, and turned the wheels by hand, and I think that I can hear a little tick tick tick when I spin the wheel.

Does anyone have experience of this?
Can it be the bearings?
I will also test all bushings, but I dont think that it can make that kind of ticking sound.

Help please.
Thank you.
I have some good news for you. Your problem is most likely something common and easy to fix: your lug nuts. Replace the ones you have with magnacoated lugs and everything should clear up. If you search these forums for "Lug nuts" or "Clicking sound" you'll find plenty of discussion about it, including this one: https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/21657-clicking-sound-i-turn-wheel.html#post208985

·
Registered
99 Posts
ticking from front wjheels on turning

lug nuts need to be torqued to 162 Ft pounds. If around 125 ft lbs the wheels will move in turns and cause clicking.
Mort

·
Registered
57 Posts
Clicking Noise in Wheels

I can agree with the solution to this problem. Lived with it for several years and then purchased the magna coated lug nuts, had them installed, torqued as mentioned and problem went away and never came back (more than 4 years ago now).

I would image you could purchase lugs from: elitemotorsco.com and Alex Pop the owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts