Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
If the clicking is still there Fisker has a fix for that replacing the lug nuts with a new style coated lug nut . If you can't purchase the new style lugs nuts you can remove the front wheels a d place a small amount of anti sieze compound between the rotor hat and rim .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Front Wheel Clicking Noise - Service Bulletin

Cleaning procedure will mostly solve the issue, even without new coated lug nuts. Anti-sieze is not recommended. If you have a responsive dealer they can order new lug nuts from FA Anaheim. See attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
FISCALI

oops .. this forum wont take sound files
any idea how to upload sound file?

Sure. Make a YouTube video with your cellphone and paste the link into your post.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Cleaning procedure will mostly solve the issue, even without new coated lug nuts. Anti-sieze is not recommended. If you have a responsive dealer they can order new lug nuts from FA Anaheim. See attached pics.
Funny Fisker recommended Anti Seize before the lug nuts came out .Makes me wonder why then did they produce the lug nuts if just cleaning worked . Only thing we saw in the field that worked was new lug nuts . Just cleaning isn't going to fix the clicking noise but what do I know I only was told to replace all the lug nuts on customer cars that had clicking noises . At $120.00 a car to replace one more well thought design and repair

·
Registered
483 Posts
cleaning the surface was a short term fix until the lug nuts were available. Lug nuts were an interm fix for the 1 piece rotor. 1 piece rotor had its own issues that were trying to be worked out when the bottom fell out from under

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Try torquing down the front lug nuts to 160 ft pounds.
Travis thank you cant say thank you enough .. bmw and porsche dealer both suggested to replace caliper.. how do you do it ??:huh:you didn't even even hear the noise and your diagnosis 100% correct .. torquing down the front lug nuts the clicking noise gone i had them on both side but the right turn thee worse
im very happy and not embarrassed any more from making right turn in public:blush::D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the clicking is still there Fisker has a fix for that replacing the lug nuts with a new style coated lug nut . If you can't purchase the new style lugs nuts you can remove the front wheels a d place a small amount of anti sieze compound between the rotor hat and rim .
thank you ,, both noise gone,,,
he torqued down the front and back 160 ..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
am about to replace the tires any suggestion ? if I show this to tire shop
will they know what the need to do?
also do I need to buy lock?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FISCALI

oops .. this forum wont take sound files
any idea how to upload sound file?

Sure. Make a YouTube video with your cellphone and paste the link into your post.
thank you ira .. I was going to do that but lormax saved me the hassle :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts