Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my dealer to keep it in sport on the freeway. I did so and drove to SD and back from LA. I got about 15 mpg.

It was quite funny and sad. The gauge would say "250 range" then I'd go 10 miles "210 range", another 10 then "170 range".

The engine upfront was just roaring the whole time.

Then I filled it up and switched to stealth and let the battery go to zero. The car kept going - plenty of cruising power and the engine up front was seemingly twice as calm.

I'm going to head to SF today and see if my stealth-on-freeway range is the way to go.

How confusing.

Will

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmm. It sounds like your engine was running quite hot in Sport mode on the freeway. Do others see their engines working so hard in that environment?

Mark

·
Registered
210 Posts
No, I drove 300 miles in Sport last weekend, on 6.13, and got close to 1 mile travelled for 1 estimated mile. Sounds like your dealer needs to fix something...

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I have driven my car almost exclusively in Sport mode and have averaged 24mpg. On the highway, I've gotten between 24 and 26mpg depending on the stretch of highway I'm on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Did 700+ miles to SF and back from LA. average 25mpg the whole way.

It must have been a hiccup.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
One thing I noticed: the last 3 days, I've put about 325 miles on my Karma, mostly highway, and nearly entirely in Sport mode. I've filled up once. The last fill up, I marked the miles traveled and the gallons added of gas and it came to 21.2mpg while the internal tripometer computer said I had gotten 23mpg. I wonder the reason for the discrepancy. If anything, I may be overestimating my MPG since I don't top off the gas (I refilled my tank and I put in 8.2 gallons of gas and traveled 173 miles. Based on that number, the Karma really only has a range of 230 miles or so (9.5 gallons x 21.2 + 30ish miles of all electric range).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts