Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was holding off purchasing my Fisker unless I could get a 3rd party Extended Warranty. All the dealers said there was no company offering, but I found one. http://securedrive.ca They are also approved by BMW who does servicing on Fisker here in Vancouver. It does not cover battery issues but will cover electronics and systems and mechanical related to the ICE. 4years/45k km - between $4k and $5k depending on deductible. Hope this helps any other Canadian buyers as much as it helped me (for peace of mind). You have to buy it through a dealer that has a contract with them. If the dealer or repair shop doesn't, they can sign up.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
is there an american version? since there is no news coming from the buyout, an extended warranty could be a good option

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. It's usually an update or a fix for a common complaint. The clicking of the wheels while turning is a good example.

The GRID is the site ran by Fisker Automotive.

The new TSB is a new spec to tighten the half shaft nuts in the rear that hold the axles to the hubs.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. It's usually an update or a fix for a common complaint. The clicking of the wheels while turning is a good example.

The new TSB is a new spec to tighten the half shaft nuts in the rear that hold the axles to the hubs.
I thought @Harleyguy said that the GRID has been down for a few days. Is it back up again?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I've logged into both the Grid and Techinfo sites recently. They go down periodically, par for the course at this point.

·
Registered
334 Posts

on the click noise thanks for the advise .. the chic fixed but the standard still clicking better but still there any other suggestion?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Was holding off purchasing my Fisker unless I could get a 3rd party Extended Warranty. All the dealers said there was no company offering, but I found one. http://securedrive.ca They are also approved by BMW who does servicing on Fisker here in Vancouver. It does not cover battery issues but will cover electronics and systems and mechanical related to the ICE. 4years/45k km - between $4k and $5k depending on deductible. Hope this helps any other Canadian buyers as much as it helped me (for peace of mind). You have to buy it through a dealer that has a contract with them. If the dealer or repair shop doesn't, they can sign up.
Thanks for this info. I am near Toronto and will keep in touch. Welcome to this super group of owners and their support.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so who did you talk to? I contacted them and they said they do not deal with fiskers.
I spoke to someone in the Vancouver office. The dealership made the arrangements but I do know that you can arrange for the warranty through The BMW Store in Vancouver as an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts