Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caps and exclamation points used for emphasis.

Ford just announced a recall of nearly 90,000 2013 Ford Fusions and Escapes because 12 of them have caught fire and many of them overheating.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-recalls-2013-escape-fusion-over-fire-concerns.html

That's 9 more fires than Fisker's ever had, and have yet to see any sensationalist press questioning Ford's ability to make cars and/or the quality of the new Fusion and Escape!

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's 9 more fires than Fisker's ever had, and have yet to see any sensationalist press questioning Ford's ability to make cars and/or the quality of the new Fusion and Escape!
I guess you're counting those 16 Sandy Karma fires as one (which is fair), but this is out of 45 times as many vehicles. So you'd need ~135 Ford Fusion and Escape fires for the comparison you're trying to make.

But obviously the less familiar technology gets more press. These Ford fires would get more attention if they were plug-ins or even normal hybrids. Several times from usually reputable news sources I've seen the Karma fires labeled as "battery fires" which is damaging to the entire EV industry.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Doug I hope you're not counting Jalopnik as a "usually reputable" news source they insinuate "battery fires" intentionally every time they mention a fire.

The new Ford Escape has already had 4 recalls. Obviously Ford is acting like a "startup" that doesn't test their product before launch and should have all of their billions of DOE technology loans and milestones immediately voided!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Caps and exclamation points used for emphasis.

Ford just announced a recall of nearly 90,000 2013 Ford Fusions and Escapes because 12 of them have caught fire and many of them overheating.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-recalls-2013-escape-fusion-over-fire-concerns.html

Thank God I don't have to worry about fires since I drive a Karma. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes doug I'm kidding but where do you think the "reputable" news sources have gotten many of their erroneous battery fire stories? They're quite willing to cite Jalopnik and thus unintentionally propagate the smear.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I said otherwise reputable. It's a simple mistake to make if you don't follow regularly follow EVs. After each of the fire incidences Fisker has been quick to say that the traction pack was not involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts