Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI...

Car was sitting for maybe a week. Battery should have been fine. Changed both batteries in FOB's and now neither will connect with the car. Can't open the doors or trunk. Only way into the car is using the pop out key. When you do the alarm goes off but cannot get anything to work in the car.

I'm still shaking my head as to why the actual manual key lock is only on the passenger side. If the door locks don't work you have to climb over to the drivers side. At 6', 230 lbs. and a bad back that's not possible. I'd like to kick the ass of the stupid **** that came up with that design feature.

Anyways, any help here would be much appreciated.

Ernie

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
If the 12 volt battery is dead the alarm wouldn't be going off sounds more like the VCM lost its wake up signal or worst case scenario something happened to the VCM . When you open the door does the instrument cluster light up for a few seconds and does the gear selector light up orange when you first open the door .
Use a booster if you think the car is dead but before you try putting the car into ready mode leave the jumper on the 12 volt terminal leave the drivers door open let the car go to sleep after 3 minutes with the door still open get into the car and turn on the four way flashers to wake up the car .
Let us know if the cluster and the gear shift lights up .

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Ah, read right past the alarm going off, Harleyguy is right. 12V should be fine. Thats what I get for reading much too fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts