Fisker Buzz Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
brian said:
DHarris said:
Floor mats in all colors should be available by the end of January..

As standard equipment, or for a price?

-Brian
I asked my dealer the same thing today, and he said they would be included. I wouldn't put it past some dealers trying to 'optionalize' this to pad profit though.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Don't want to start a rumor but.... I heard that the floor mat factory suffered a devastating flood :)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Call me crazy, but didn't Volkswagen have a deal where you could log onto the internet and see where exactly in the production line your car was and if it had not yet hit the paint shop, make a change on the spot. Such visability and transparency should not be that hard to implement, and would answer a lot of our questions, plus those of future owners. Dealers could log on and say, if you want this paint it will probably be about 6 months to get your car or two months if you go with this paint, etc. Dave Harris is supposed to be contacting me in regards to why my SE fell so far behind in the pack. I would like to know how many out of those 100 have been delivered to date and how many non-SEs as well.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't think it is realistic to expect from Fisker what you can expect from Volkswagen. Fisker didn't exist 5 years ago and they started delivering their first cars just weeks ago. Volkswagen has been around for more than half a century and have a well-established and tested production process. I know we all want everything to be running smooth from day one, but that is simply not realistic and it is not even fair to expect that. But I do hope that with the new management they can make improvements over the next months and years.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
In this instance I think it is reasonable to expect it. Fisker had the ability and should have looked at all the industry and chosen the best operating practices from them all that were feasible to implement. I mean, where do you think Fisker Customer Service employees get their info regarding our cars. All I am asking is that the database be made available to customers (their car only). Perhaps, this would interfere with the dealer/customer relationship? If that is so, then perhaps they should train their dealers better in being able to interpret the info. We keep letting Fisker off the hook for then being a new company, but they drew everything they have from the established industry not from a vacuum, some of their mess ups are simply poor management, plain and simple.

On another note, I honestly can't wait until people get there hands on the software and the car is out of warranty, to see what people can really do with the Command Center interface.

·
Registered
114 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
brian said:
DHarris said:
Floor mats in all colors should be available by the end of January..

As standard equipment, or for a price?

-Brian
I asked my dealer the same thing today, and he said they would be included. I wouldn't put it past some dealers trying to 'optionalize' this to pad profit though.
Brian, yes there is a cost associated with the Floor mats

David Harris
Fisker Automotive[hr]
kabalah70 said:
Call me crazy, but didn't Volkswagen have a deal where you could log onto the internet and see where exactly in the production line your car was and if it had not yet hit the paint shop, make a change on the spot. Such visability and transparency should not be that hard to implement, and would answer a lot of our questions, plus those of future owners. Dealers could log on and say, if you want this paint it will probably be about 6 months to get your car or two months if you go with this paint, etc. Dave Harris is supposed to be contacting me in regards to why my SE fell so far behind in the pack. I would like to know how many out of those 100 have been delivered to date and how many non-SEs as well.
Kabalah70,

We have had discussions internally on similar systems and given the SAP platform we utilize it is possible but it will take time. At this time our dealers have the ability to log in and see the status changes in our production progress. They can make sense out of the codes that are generated roughly where a specific Karma is. Finland, on a boat, at port, in transit etc. As for the last question I can not quote on sales / delivery numbers but will see what we can find out about your specific SE Karma. We are waiting for some specific information from our manufacturing team. Also as many of you are aware our customer service team is also available to answer questions. Many of you are already speaking with them on a regular basis. To be transparent they my source for information and any info I get from them they will have likely shared directly with you.

Best regards,
David Harris
Fisker Automotive

·
Registered
781 Posts
DHarris said:
Sooo.... I'm trying to figure out how to word this without sounding like a raving lunatic, but...

REALLY!?!? A $110,000 car and we have to pay extra for floormats? Seriously!?!?

I think for all of the B.S. that we've had to endure, and the fact that the car is buggy as hell should qualify us for some free-friggin-floormats, no? It's been 3 weeks since I got my car, but it's been in the shop for 2 of those 3, and during the 1 week I had it I experienced nothing but trouble. I think Fisker should really be trying to make customers happy at this point (or at least just not more pissed off) by including the damned floormats with the car.

-Brian

·
Registered
114 Posts
brian said:
DHarris said:
Sooo.... I'm trying to figure out how to word this without sounding like a raving lunatic, but...

I think for all of the B.S. that we've had to endure, and the fact that the car is buggy as hell should qualify us for some free-friggin-floormats, no? It's been 3 weeks since I got my car, but it's been in the shop for 2 of those 3, and during the 1 week I had it I experienced nothing but trouble. I think Fisker should really be trying to make customers happy at this point (or at least just not more pissed off) by including the damned floormats with the car.

-Brian
Brian,

I hear you on this point.

David Harris
Fisker Automotive

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ok, heard from my dealer, and luckily they're being nice and including the mats for free, so I can breathe a sign of relief :)

-Brian

·
Registered
784 Posts
Compared to any other car in this segment the Karma has the shortest options list by far - just glass particle paint and two-tone leather. Buy a comparably priced Panamera and you're looking at at least $ 20,000 in options for it to get to the level most people want (and then you still have a less special car). I do think being charged a few hundred dollars for mats isn't the greatest feeling, but let's keep things in perspective.

Brian, I know you are particularly pissed off, and have reason to be, so I can understand your aversion against paying for those mats. And I'm glad to see that has now been solved.

But for most of us I don't see much reason to complain. At least we're not being ripped off for bigger wheels, park assist, rear view camera, voice control, a better sound system, bi-xenon, led-lights, dimming mirrors, heated seats, navigation, bluetooth, etc, etc. like they do at Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and so on. I even had to pay for cupholders in my $ 80,000 Audi. Fisker has given us a very complete car (which hopefully soon will be without software glitches too).

·
Registered
913 Posts
Dutch said:
Compared to any other car in this segment the Karma has the shortest options list by far - just glass particle paint and two-tone leather. Buy a comparably priced Panamera and you're looking at at least $ 20,000 in options for it to get to the level most people want (and then you still have a less special car). I do think being charged a few hundred dollars for mats isn't the greatest feeling, but let's keep things in perspective.

Brian, I know you are particularly pissed off, and have reason to be, so I can understand your aversion against paying for those mats. And I'm glad to see that has now been solved.

But for most of us I don't see much reason to complain. At least we're not being ripped off for bigger wheels, park assist, rear view camera, voice control, a better sound system, bi-xenon, led-lights, dimming mirrors, heated seats, navigation, bluetooth, etc, etc. like they do at Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and so on. I even had to pay for cupholders in my $ 80,000 Audi. Fisker has given us a very complete car (which hopefully soon will be without software glitches too).
Indeed. I configured a Mercedes last year (mostly just for fun, Mercedes has terrible build quality reputation) and was seriously turned off by how I had to add $20k+ in options to the "base" car.

I liked the A8, but again there's a lot of options one must add...

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Dutch said:

Dutch, I hear your points, but let's not forget that all the companies your mentioned have not missed delivery deadlines by 2 years, raised the price TWICE before customer deliveries, and ignored/mislead loyal customers for years. That is becoming Fisker's unique trademark (and let's not hope, legacy). What have we gotten for our saint-like patience and tolerance of the underdeliverance and cone of silence? A $3 matchbox car and a mass produced drawing. It would be a slap in the proverbial face to then charge us for floormats.

·
Registered
40 Posts
brian said:
DHarris said:

-Brian
For what it's worth, BMW... ya, you get the floor mats included with the car. I don't care what Fisker says, to not get floor mats with a $110,000 car is RIDICULOUS!!!

Oh ya, my $30,000 Buick, you get floor mats with the car included.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I will gladly pay for floor mats, once I see what they look like and ..............
I have a car to put them in.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I cannot believe you are having a bitch session about floor mats! I'll happily pay another $200 for another set. My wife just paid for a new set of floor mats for the Lambo and they were $450 for two of them. If floor mats were such a big deal you should have done what I did with my last Mercedes purchase: Tell them you want two set of floor mat with the deal. One set for you to use and one set for when you sell the car. BTW Dutch, I'd rather pay not to have cup holders in my car! ;-) God Morgen!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sigurd said:
I cannot believe you are having a bitch session about floor mats! I'll happily pay another $200 for another set.
I don' think this was about price at all. It doesn't matter if the floor mats were $200 or $2. The issue is that they're not included with the car, period. The Karma is not a Ferrari where every nut and bolt is a listed option. The Karma essentially has no options - just some trim models and colors to choose from. Nowhere does it say that floor mats are extra, and it seems bizarre that something as basic as floor mats would suddenly be the car's only real "option." It just feels like nickel and diming on so many levels, and after week upon week of nothing but bad news it just seems like the neverending continuation of a pattern.

My dealer is being nice enough to include the mats for free with my car, but they shouldn't have had to because the mats should have been included by Fisker HQ, plain and simple.

-Brian

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Something tells me there would be less complaints if the cars were debugged.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The latest update on the floor mats is that they will ship on the 20th. Not sure which month or year, but the 20th....

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I received my car back from the dealer on Friday and they had installed 613 and the new floor mats. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet but did turn it on and noticed the following. Check Engine light is off and both mirrors retract.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts