Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Had my car 2 weeks, and got a flat tire. Had to use the "fix-a-flat" system. And, the little I drove on it hosed up the sidewall. Found a Discount Tire who was able to find me a tire. But, it got me wondering about having a spare nearby at all times. Does anybody think it's a good idea to keep spares (on or off rims) in their garage? Is there a cheaper rim/tire that could work in a pinch until an official tire can be found if someday it takes longer than a day that one could store?

If I was just replacing worn tires, it wouldn't bother me to wait a few days. But, for an emergency, I'd like to know I had more options than squirting goo in and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If your flat happens away from home, it wouldn't matter if you have a spare in the garage, you would still need to tow it or "goo" it. And if your flat happens at home, then the need to wait a day or two to get a tire is probably less of an issue since your car is sitting safely at home. Either way, maybe you don't need any spares. With that said, I bought a complete set of tires and stored them. Partly because they were so cheap I couldn't resist. I got a set of 4 OEM tires for $500. Now, TireRack has them for $718 a set ($174 each front, $184 each rear). TireRack delivers next day anywhere in the U.S.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts