Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,

Over the last week, when I start the car, I get a flashing display and a clicking noise, like a loose battery connection. The car starts ok, but then I have no control of the radio, heating and no parking aids. I also got a warning yesterday that looks like a steering wheel and an exclamation mark.

Am I doomed?

·
Registered
334 Posts
@Fredc51 - Does the warning light you're describing look like the attachment below?

Hopefully you have a Fisker dealer nearby still servicing Karmas in the UK. If not, you may need to talk @FiskerPhilly or @Harleyguy into making a trek across the pond.

For future reference, you can download the Karma owners manual here:

http://fisker.ignitedusa.com/en-us/owners/

See section 5.3 for the complete list of warning/indicator lights. This is NOT a site managed by the new Fisker, it's a legacy of the original Fisker Automotive. I believe it was a website that never went live, but I could be wrong.

Good luck with your repair.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flashing dash

Yes that's the one. However, when I re-boot the car, it disappears, then after a second or third re-start, it happens again

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Off the top of my head I feel your 12 Volt battery might be on its way out or like you mentioned it might be a loose connection at the battery it has happened in the past . Remove the right front wheel remove the 10mm bolts holding the wheel well liner in place you only need to loosen the liner no need to remove it . The 12 volt battery is behind the fender the positive lead is the one facing you when you look at the battery .
If you have a volt meter while the car is in ready mode you can also check the voltage output of the APM should be around 13.7 volts you can check that at the APM which is located on the drivers side under the hood that's the computer that has the red cover protecting the positive lead .

·
Registered
334 Posts
@Harleyguy - I'm glad you are willing and patient enought to try and diagnose these things remotely. I was setting you up for an excuse to take a "road trip" and you could drink some pints and tour London as a side benefit. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flashes of brilliance

Thanks Harleyguy, I'll give it a go this weekend, and let you know how I get on.

Cheers Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts