Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the CSP that appears on the new Fisker website. My understanding of the program for original owners is that we essentially can spend up to $4000 on parts and $3000 on labor as long as the total does not exceed $5000.

Am I understanding this correctly? Also, are we SOL once we have reached these thresholds? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Original owners get 5000 total. First 2000 is any combo of parts or labor. Then an additional 2000 parts and 1000 labor.
Anything beyond that is customer responsibility. These guidelines were set forth by the bankruptcy and not by Née Fisker.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks FiskerPhilly. I think we are saying the same thing, just in different ways.

Given that the CSP is mandated by the bankruptcy, has there been any talk from Wanxiang of resuscitating the original warranty, or increasing the CSP max above a total of $5000?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ninja: there are different thresholds for owners who were also claimants -maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Philly: are you applying the CSP towards regular scheduled maintenance? Is there any out of pocket cost? That might be useful for owners to be aware of.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Ive been using the monies for repairs and not wasting it on a service .The service isn't that much money Fisker needs to review and approve all Claims we submit

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Ninja: there are different thresholds for owners who were also claimants -maybe that's what you're thinking of.
So there is other money for claimant the that CSPs have to recognize or is there another process for those dollars?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
So there is other money for claimant the that CSPs have to recognize or is there another process for those dollars?
Same process just claimants get 8000 total an additional 3000 on top of original owners amount. They just didn't list it on the website,not sure why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm the 3rd owner of my 2012 fisker Karma. The guy I brought it from told me about the CSP and said he hasn't used it so it was still good, but the people who serviced my car said it was only good for the first two owners. Is there any truth to that?

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
I'm the 3rd owner of my 2012 fisker Karma. The guy I brought it from told me about the CSP and said he hasn't used it so it was still good, but the people who serviced my car said it was only good for the first two owners. Is there any truth to that?
harlyguy and Fiskerphilly can best answer

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As far as I know. All karma owners entitled to 2000 base warranty. That goes on any car regardless of how many owners. I haven't argued that. I just submit the info to Fisker and they determine it is not original owner and grant the 2000 base. I think you got wrong info my friend...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts