Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried charging 12Volt battery. Battery charger shows that it is 100% charged. Automatic mirrors and seats work, other accessories do not, like lights and the start button.

EV battery is at around 45% I remember from last night. I just plugged this in now.

I tried factory reset by removing large black cable in engine, it makes no sound when I pull it out and no sound when I push it back in.

I cannot get remotes (tired both) to open or lock car or make the lights flash.

Ideas how to solve. I am thinking some connection oxidized last night and does not make a good contact anymore. My rotors have specs of rust on them, not much as it was only sitting for 12 hours in the rain.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to get my car towed now I think about 80miles, but my wallet etc.. are in the trunk and I cannot open this, any idea how to get it out?

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
behind the rear drivers side seatback there is a manual pull ring that pops the trunk

One long shot thing you can try is placing the key by the VCM to try to get it to recognize it but it is likely that your VCM lost the WUP signal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I jump started the car with the audi and it started up. I had put an intelligent charger on the car just 15 minutes ago and could not get the door to open, wtf?

The Audi I have to dissemble the truck to get to the battery, crazy.

So perhaps it is a defective 12 Volt battery? The car is technically 3 years old now I guess. The intelligent charger said the battery had a full charge though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so I was only able to get accessory start button to turn on amber. I cannot get the start button to go green. I am now able to use doors and hood release and window wipers and even open trunk with FOB. I cannot seem to lock the car with FOB or open the car with FOB, but all doors are unlocked now.

Everytime I press the start button it goes off then to amber, it will not go green. Yes I unplugged the wall charger.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wiped all the water off the car, the car dried out for a couple of hours and now I was able to turn it on.

The service park brake now comes on, but I think a hard reset will fix this. I am just fully charging in the garage and will do a hard reset in a couple of hours.

I think some water perhaps gets in the car handles and this causes a short until it is dry?
I wiped down water everywhere on the car, I think this issue must be water or humidity related? But I do have the silicon dam on the front dash.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. I moved the car to the garage when the green light went on. Now I go back to turn it on an hour later and same problem, the green light wont start and appears the CPU is not booting, so I cannot open and close windows and the LCD display does not turn on.

I am going to wait a couple of hours and turn on the heater in the garage and then try starting again and see if that solves the issue.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sounds like a VCM issue. I had 2 in the last 2 weeks that just went nuts. One was simple wake up signal as @PowerSource said. That will typically knock out the touch screen, instrument cluster, and Gearshift buttons will all be out. Typically reflashing the VCM fixes it but on occasion requires new hardware. In your case as it is intermittent and appears water related I would advise checking the drivers side under the dash and floor area for wetness. The VCM is located in the upper front corner of the dash at the firewall. Your reference to the water ingress fix being done is passenger side and wets the CIU. You may be getting water into the drivers side via windshield or a clogged cowl drain. Feel around that floor first and peek around under the dash on that side with a bright flashlight (will reflect off of water droplets).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like waiting worked. The car starts perfectly again. Water somehow must have shorted some connections.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it possible water gets into the door handles when it was parked on that angle? I ahve driven the car in rain many times and never an issue. Only when I park over the night outside in the rain. Water obviously got in somewhere even though I have the silicon dam recall fix.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The VCM has water damage it's located on the drivers side up under the dash board near were your left foot would rest . Your best hope for repair is either to remove the VCM and try drying it it out with a hair dryer . Or using a hair dryer in the car but once it has water damage it might not come back fully.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Remove the Cowling and seal where the hood release cables go into the car also there is a big rubber grommet behind the left front wheel well liner which the main harness passes though i havent seen any leak there but we had a recall early on to inspect for faults in the wiring harness for cut wires we had to remove the whole harness and inspect it.
Just maybe the rubber came out a little but then again the wheel well liner protects it.
You can always water test the cowling area but make sure you cover the VCM from water dripping on it .The cowling cover would have to be removed to check and or repair a leak

1 - 17 of 17 Posts