Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The webinar just ended. It lasted about 30 minutes, with about half of that being remarks by the team and the remaining Q&A.

Richard Beattie kicked off the call, then passed it on to Henrik. Henrik explained rationale for the hybrid powertrain and the reason for the Karma's existence. "Next chapter in Fisker's existence is quality and process that a large OEM needs to focus on to be successful"

Tom LaSorda then started speaking. His number one focus is on quality. He hinted at the Nina reveal in New York. Wants to take care of us, the valued customers.

On testing, they showed a couple of cool slides:
- 16 vehicles used for testing 6.15
- 14 days of continuous testing over 35,000 vehicle miles
- 8 different test routes

Then Tom turned it over to Richard. He mentioned the battery issue. Issue rate is 1%.
Mentioned the extended warranty. Then we moved onto 6.15 discussion.
6.15 will address:
- Bluetooth latching
- Reverse camera freeze
- Parking sensors continuous chime
- TPMS indicator light
- Fuel level and speedo issues
- Navigation error message
- Key FOB not being recognized

It will also improve:
- USB connectivity
- Bluetooth quality
- Mirror failures
- Radio presets
- Climate control

After 6.15, future upgrades are in the works, including:
- Auto fold features on mirrors
- Temperature mix control
-Navigation issues display / freezing / voice recognition / inaccuracy in positioning
- Radio preset intermittent fault
- Fluctuation on fuel gauge readout

Fisker will also be unveiling an owners-only forum, called The Fisker Forum, within 90 days.

The Q&A was fairly short and many of the questions centered around battery-only range, battery recall, funding, etc.

All in all, the call was great for what it represents. I hope the next call will allow for more Q&A.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52 Posts
Thanks for outlining this for those that weren't on the call. I was curious though as a few of the things on the "improved list" seem to be very similar to things on futur update list. like they said mirror failures will be increased but then went on to say that they will get to fixing the mirror problems later, which problems are fixed and which aren't? also the radio preset which I haven't had an issue with recently is on both lists and the biggest issue for me on it is they said the fixed speedo/fuel level then said they were going to fix fuel gauge later, what is the difference in those? all in all though it was a good start I'm glad to see the customer service coming and that they're listening
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Webinar summary

From memory, so I apologize for inaccuracies (please correct and complete!):

- Some, not all, Karmas are affected by the A123 defect. Eventually Fisker plans to replace all of the batteries in the affected cars, but this will take a long time because they won't get the batteries quickly. They did not indicate how affected owners would be contacted, what VIN ranges are affected, etc. (even though I asked very nicely :) They would appreciate it if unaffected owners, even if in the vulnerable VIN range, don't rush to get their battery replaced all at once. Only 1% of owners should experience a problem due to the A123 defect.

- 6.15 fixes a lot of bugs we know of:

+ Bluetooth non-disconnecting no longer drains the 12V battery
+ Bluetooth functionality is, as far as they know currently, all working
+ Rear camera blue screen fixed
+ Park distance chiming stops when you aren't trying to park
+ Tire pressure monitor doesn't stay on anymore
+ Fuel level doesn't suddenly go to 0 anymore
+ Speedo doesn't vanish anymore
+ USB functionality is "vastly improved" but not 100% perfect yet-- may need to unplug and replug USB devices to restore some functions after Bluetooth use, for example
+ Nav screen error message is gone
+ Key fob not recognized bug is gone
+ "P0601 MIL" light doesn't illuminate
+ Check engine light false positive illumination is greatly improved (I took their nuanced answer to mean it's not perfect yet, but getting there).
+ Mirror "failures" (motor burn out I assume?) is "improved" (fixed, I hope)
+ Radio preset amnesia is fixed (!!!)
+ Climate control is "improved" (hot venting after ICE start bug? Cabin preconditioning?)

They also acknowledged some remaining bugs, but I took a call then and couldn't take notes (someone else?)

I didn't hear any acknowledgement of missing functionality like remote cabin pre-conditioning or the solar screen's non-functionality.

- General encouragement to call them, good signs that they want to engage us more, and some kind words thanking us early adopters.

-David

[hr]
SoCalGuy beat me to it-- Moderator, feel free to combine threads if appropriate.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tyler said:
Thanks for outlining this for those that weren't on the call. I was curious though as a few of the things on the "improved list" seem to be very similar to things on futur update list. like they said mirror failures will be increased but then went on to say that they will get to fixing the mirror problems later, which problems are fixed and which aren't? also the radio preset which I haven't had an issue with recently is on both lists and the biggest issue for me on it is they said the fixed speedo/fuel level then said they were going to fix fuel gauge later, what is the difference in those? all in all though it was a good start I'm glad to see the customer service coming and that they're listening
I believe the main difference is that they've isolated most of the problems with the above, but there are still some intermittent issues which are yet to be fully resolved (e.g. some issues with the fuel gauge). I too was confused about the mirrors - not sure what's going on there.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
The Q&A was fairly short and many of the questions centered around battery-only range, battery recall, funding, etc.

All in all, the call was great for what it represents. I hope the next call will allow for more Q&A.
Q&A detail can be found at the end of this post.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
tyler said:
Thanks for outlining this for those that weren't on the call. I was curious though as a few of the things on the "improved list" seem to be very similar to things on futur update list. like they said mirror failures will be increased but then went on to say that they will get to fixing the mirror problems later, which problems are fixed and which aren't? also the radio preset which I haven't had an issue with recently is on both lists and the biggest issue for me on it is they said the fixed speedo/fuel level then said they were going to fix fuel gauge later, what is the difference in those? all in all though it was a good start I'm glad to see the customer service coming and that they're listening
I believe the main difference is that they've isolated most of the problems with the above, but there are still some intermittent issues which are yet to be fully resolved (e.g. some issues with the fuel gauge). I too was confused about the mirrors - not sure what's going on there.
thats what I was thinking too but on the call they said the ones on the fixed list they had 100% guaranteed were fully fixed and operational and fuel gauge was on that list
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
I believe the mirror issue being fixed right away is the one causing the motors to burn out. I guess there is a less urgent mirror fold-issue that will be fixed later on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
I'm glad they did this call, but I wish they had stayed around longer to answer more questions - it sounded like they had quite a queue of them. Seemed that they wasted a lot of time answering questions from people who obviously were not paying attention to the presentation since they had already been answered. I would have liked to have heard the rest of the Q&A.

-Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brian said:
I'm glad they did this call, but I wish they had stayed around longer to answer more questions - it sounded like they had quite a queue of them. Seemed that they wasted a lot of time answering questions from people who obviously were not paying attention to the presentation since they had already been answered. I would have liked to have heard the rest of the Q&A.

-Brian
Agreed - I had asked a handful of Qs that never made it up - was actually surprised they read some semi-controversial questions out loud. At least we know they weren't screening the questions - it was really just a function of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Although I think the webinar could have been a bit longer (some more questions answered), I appreciated the fact that Fisker is reaching out to us now. They have broken what some have called the 'cone of silence' and are now clearly on the right path concerning communicating with owners, with more town hall-meetings and a new customer website coming up. I have faith we will move forward in the coming months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
The Q&A was fairly short and many of the questions centered around battery-only range, battery recall, funding, etc.
Thanks for recapping this for us! What did they say about funding? Did they secure private funding for Nina production? Are they doing okay with funding?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
brian said:
I'm glad they did this call, but I wish they had stayed around longer to answer more questions - it sounded like they had quite a queue of them. Seemed that they wasted a lot of time answering questions from people who obviously were not paying attention to the presentation since they had already been answered. I would have liked to have heard the rest of the Q&A.

-Brian
I believe I heard someone say that they would be taking up the unanswered questions within 24 hours. Did anyone else hear that? Will they perhaps be answering those questions via e-mail?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52 Posts
Dutch said:
I believe the mirror issue being fixed right away is the one causing the motors to burn out. I guess there is a less urgent mirror fold-issue that will be fixed later on.
would be good to know if this is correct so that I can turn my autofold back on without having to worry about killing my mirrors. If it's just a software glitch that doesn't close it sometimes or something like that I don't really care I just want to know if I can fold my mirrors without worrying
brian said:
I'm glad they did this call, but I wish they had stayed around longer to answer more questions - it sounded like they had quite a queue of them. Seemed that they wasted a lot of time answering questions from people who obviously were not paying attention to the presentation since they had already been answered. I would have liked to have heard the rest of the Q&A.

-Brian
:thumbup: agreed to everything you just said
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
matrix said:
SoCalGuy said:
The Q&A was fairly short and many of the questions centered around battery-only range, battery recall, funding, etc.
Thanks for recapping this for us! What did they say about funding? Did they secure private funding for Nina production? Are they doing okay with funding?
They were on a roadshow week before last raising money and they said it went very well. Approx $900M raised so far, and more announcements to come soon on funding. They were very positive on that front, so that should give us all some confidence that they're on better footing than they were a few weeks ago.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52 Posts
Dutch said:
brian said:
I'm glad they did this call, but I wish they had stayed around longer to answer more questions - it sounded like they had quite a queue of them. Seemed that they wasted a lot of time answering questions from people who obviously were not paying attention to the presentation since they had already been answered. I would have liked to have heard the rest of the Q&A.

-Brian
I believe I heard someone say that they would be taking up the unanswered questions within 24 hours. Did anyone else hear that? Will they perhaps be answering those questions via e-mail?
they definitely said that they would continue to take and answer questions that anyone had but I didn't catch if they said they would do it through email or what
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dutch said:
brian said:
I'm glad they did this call, but I wish they had stayed around longer to answer more questions - it sounded like they had quite a queue of them. Seemed that they wasted a lot of time answering questions from people who obviously were not paying attention to the presentation since they had already been answered. I would have liked to have heard the rest of the Q&A.

-Brian
I believe I heard someone say that they would be taking up the unanswered questions within 24 hours. Did anyone else hear that? Will they perhaps be answering those questions via e-mail?
Josh Batie said that. You're correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
matrix said:
SoCalGuy said:
The Q&A was fairly short and many of the questions centered around battery-only range, battery recall, funding, etc.
Thanks for recapping this for us! What did they say about funding? Did they secure private funding for Nina production? Are they doing okay with funding?
They were on a roadshow week before last raising money and they said it went very well. Approx $900M raised so far, and more announcements to come soon on funding. They were very positive on that front, so that should give us all some confidence that they're on better footing than they were a few weeks ago.
EXCELLENT! :thumbup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dutch said:
Although I think the webinar could have been a bit longer (some more questions answered), I appreciated the fact that Fisker is reaching out to us now. They have broken what some have called the 'cone of silence' and are now clearly on the right path concerning communicating with owners, with more town hall-meetings and a new customer website coming up. I have faith we will move forward in the coming months.
Absolutely. I did appreciate Henrik's "guarantee" that we'd experience the best customer service possible. I also really liked LaSorda's statement that he values us and that quality and process/performance are his top priorities. Now if I could only score an invitation to the Nina reveal next week.... a few blocks from my apartment... that would really make me feel like a priority :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52 Posts
yes very good news on the private fundraising they've done so far and they mentioned that the $500million number from the DoE that people have been throwing around is incorrect and that they have only taken about $130million from the DoE (I don't remember the exact number) Hopefully this will get out so all the people complaining that "half a billion tax dollars were wasted on this company" will be shutup[hr]
SoCalGuy said:
Dutch said:
Although I think the webinar could have been a bit longer (some more questions answered), I appreciated the fact that Fisker is reaching out to us now. They have broken what some have called the 'cone of silence' and are now clearly on the right path concerning communicating with owners, with more town hall-meetings and a new customer website coming up. I have faith we will move forward in the coming months.
Absolutely. I did appreciate Henrik's "guarantee" that we'd experience the best customer service possible. I also really liked LaSorda's statement that he values us and that quality and process/performance are his top priorities. Now if I could only score an invitation to the Nina reveal next week.... a few blocks from my apartment... that would really make me feel like a priority :p
I bet you could get that done, I'm just looking forward to the fact that they're going to broadcast over a webstream for me to see!
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top