Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share some insight with the FiskerBuzz family. Over the last week or so, I've had a chance to speak with several backers and management at Fisker (including a trip to HQ) and I am pleased to report that there is very good reason to be hopeful. I am restricted in what I can share but am permitted to say that there is a very very good chance that we will all be pleasantly surprised in the short term. Suffice it to say that I will not be selling either of my Karmas anytime soon. The Karma is far from dead.

While I have been disappointed with some in the FA organization, I am happy that I've met several key decision makers who understand and appreciate the owners' perspective. So stay tuned.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just wanted to share some insight with the FiskerBuzz family. Over the last week or so, I've had a chance to speak with several backers and management at Fisker (including a trip to HQ) and I am pleased to report that there is very good reason to be hopeful. I am restricted in what I can share but am permitted to say that there is a very very good chance that we will all be pleasantly surprised in the short term. Suffice it to say that I will not be selling either of my Karmas anytime soon. The Karma is far from dead.

While I have been disappointed with some in the FA organization, I am happy that I've met several key decision makers who understand and appreciate the owners' perspective. So stay tuned.
Glad to receive this info. I am currently waiting for a diagnosis of a "high voltage default" issue and the conclusion of the repairs required and the cost of all of this. A little good news will be eagerly received

·
Registered
264 Posts

Thanks for the good news. I was just looking at Audi R8's on AutoTrader contemplating............

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I've heard so many stories over the last few months when I see it I will believe . Just hope it's not another let down

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hopefully much of the management is fired and replaced with competent individuals. If Posawatz is still at the helm if something positive is announced it will still be a negative. FA should employ Karma owners if they somehow emerge from this and revive the Karma and other potential vehicles. Owners actually spent hard earned money on these cars and for the most part stuck by the company. I cannot imagine a hire from any other organization having the same type of understanding and passion for Fisker automobiles. It is still mind boggling that they have not said a word for almost 4 months without any repercussion.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard so many stories over the last few months when I see it I will believe . Just hope it's not another let down
Admittedly a lot of false starts over the last few months. This time has the best (and final) shot of getting done. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'd be curious to see what their position will be on existing warranties. Last presentation I saw there was a question mark at the end of that bulletpoint.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd be curious to see what their position will be on existing warranties. Last presentation I saw there was a question mark at the end of that bulletpoint.
I had the same question. All I can say is what is in my first post above.

·
Registered
56 Posts
All I can say is, from your mouth... If the people at FA don't offer to rehire Lormax and Harlyguy (assuming they would consider it) they'd be making a BIG mistake. Both of them have been critical to keeping our hopes up of maintaining our cars, as well as keeping our vehicles on the roads.

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Thanks for sharing SoCal. I think about this every day - and not because of warranty issues, but because it would be criminal to let such an amazing car end so quickly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What kind of time frame are you thinking?

With 2 Fisker cars in your stable, I’m sure you were happy to hear some good news. But don’t you wonder why they would tell you confidential information? What did they gain by leaking info to you?

This is the same company who has been ignoring their customers, dealers, etc and now they are telling you confidential information that you can't share? Why would they do that?

If it’s so important or realistic they wouldn’t tell you at all or if they did, they wouldn’t hold back on telling every owner the same “good news”. It makes no sense to divulge confidential information to one person without some sort of end game.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but thanks for the "no news". I wish they had told you something we could rely on, but there is no news in this post that would give me a minute of hope.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What kind of time frame are you thinking?

With 2 Fisker cars in your stable, I’m sure you were happy to hear some good news. But don’t you wonder why they would tell you confidential information? What did they gain by leaking info to you?

This is the same company who has been ignoring their customers, dealers, etc and now they are telling you confidential information that you can't share? Why would they do that?

If it’s so important or realistic they wouldn’t tell you at all or if they did, they wouldn’t hold back on telling every owner the same “good news”. It makes no sense to divulge confidential information to one person without some sort of end game.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but thanks for the "no news". I wish they had told you something we could rely on, but there is no news in this post that would give me a minute of hope.

Bill

Bill, you are free to make whatever conclusions you like - as are all the other owners.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bill, you are free to make whatever conclusions you like - as are all the other owners.
No conclusions to make without knowing what you know. I'm just wondering why they leaked confidential info to just 1 owner. It's just weird.

Thanks for sharing.

Did you have a time frame for the news to be released?

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No conclusions to make without knowing what you know. I'm just wondering why they leaked confidential info to just 1 owner. It's just weird.

Thanks for sharing.

Did you have a time frame for the news to be released?

Bill
It wasn't a "leak" - but as I've said, I've shared the same frustrations as many owners and have probably been a bit more active/vocal about it than most. I know many people in and around FA (including large investors and members of the management team) and made them aware of all the issues we as owners have with FA, at least from my own vantage point. I've shared with them my own recommendations about how they should proceed in terms of communication with us and had a very blunt and frank discussion with the team. From those discussions, I was given permission to share with the broader community that they appreciate and understand how we feel and recognize the need to address our issues. FA will communicate with all the owners as soon as everything is in place. I can't give you a date, but it will not be months. I know that its frustrating - and I certainly shared/share that same anxiety. But I am much less anxious and frustrated today than I was a week ago.

·
Registered
996 Posts
All I can say is, from your mouth... If the people at FA don't offer to rehire Lormax and Harlyguy (assuming they would consider it) they'd be making a BIG mistake. Both of them have been critical to keeping our hopes up of maintaining our cars, as well as keeping our vehicles on the roads.
Harleyguy left the Fisker dealership he was working at? I don't think FA has much control over who dealerships employ.

Fisker Automotive has made some huge mistakes but lets not put pile on with misinformation- there is enough of that in the media.

If anything this parts/service crunch has made techs and/or dealerships more money than if FA was reimbursing for warranty work. Some of the markups I have seen for parts/labor from dealerships have been astronomical.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Harleyguy left the Fisker dealership he was working at? I don't think FA has much control over who dealerships employ.

Fisker Automotive has made some huge mistakes but lets not put pile on with misinformation- there is enough of that in the media.

If anything this parts/service crunch has made techs and/or dealerships more money than if FA was reimbursing for warranty work. Some of the markups I have seen for parts/labor from dealerships have been astronomical.
Its a flat 40% the dealer marks up parts. Pretty common for them to put a huge mark up on parts although I cant comment on the exact percentage other oem dealers use.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Its a flat 40% the dealer marks up parts. Pretty common for them to put a huge mark up on parts although I cant comment on the exact percentage other oem dealers use.
At some dealerships parts prices have doubled and tripled over the past few months. A dealer quoted me 10x the wholesale cost of a HCU a few weeks ago. That is just pure profit. If they can get it more power to them. Look at all the cottage service industries that have come into play after Fisker went dark on repairs. There wouldn't be all these dealers/companies jumping in on the deep end if it wasn't lucrative. That is a dangerous game to play; if Fisker comes back all these companies are wiped out until the warranties expire in 4 or so years. There is definitely a feeding frenzy going on here.

·
Registered
483 Posts
At some dealerships parts prices have doubled and tripled over the past few months. A dealer quoted me 10x the wholesale cost of a HCU a few weeks ago. That is just pure profit. If they can get it more power to them. Look at all the cottage service industries that have come into play after Fisker went dark on repairs. There wouldn't be all these dealers/companies jumping in on the deep end if it wasn't lucrative. That is a dangerous game to play; if Fisker comes back all these companies are wiped out until the warranties expire in 4 or so years. There is definitely a feeding frenzy going on here and people who actually benefit if the warranties never come back.
Its a simple supply & demand scenario IMO. More than likely whatever parts are still out there wont ever be made again so the price skyrockets.

All of these new companies that have come about will have a short shelf life and Im sure they know that.

1 - 20 of 372 Posts