Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
May need a rear tire (or two if can't fix leak) Went on tirerack site, they have set of 4 for $$750.00. This is so cheap that it makes me nervous. Does anybody have experience with Tirerack.com?

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
How much does a set normally run?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought winter tires from Tirerack for my last 4 vehicles - never had problems. I usually get a wheel+ tire+ sensors package, they ship them mounted and balanced. Not sure how this works for Fisker - do they have a wheel that fits?

·
Registered
996 Posts
May need a rear tire (or two if can't fix leak) Went on tirerack site, they have set of 4 for $$750.00. This is so cheap that it makes me nervous. Does anybody have experience with Tirerack.com?

$620 after rebate plus no sales tax in many states. This seems like a ridiculous deal. I have ordered many tires from Tire Rack with no problems at all. You just need to find someone to mount and balance them- usually costs around 10-15 bucks a piece. I wish they had the winter tires on sale.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've been buying online from Tirerack.com since about '98 ... They are superb and you should buy with confidence.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Agreed I buy tires for my Lambo and others cars from tire rack and have never had an issue, and as noted no sales tax!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I order tires form them about every three weeks. We have a fleet of vans and cars in my company. they are the only ones i would buy tires from!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I paid $1825 to Lexus of Bellevue for a full set of tires, mounting, balancing and sales tax. I don't need another set, yet. Yet......$750 sounds like it might be worth storing a set of tires.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I would like to add this information to this thread

The tires for sale at Tire Rack are legit.
Here is the story from the HSS Team.
- Fisker ordered an “x” amount of Tires from Good Year to support production
- Good Year only produces this tire in a single batch, once a year
- Good Year produced the amount requested by Fisker
- Fisker did not produce the amount of cars to support the requested batch
- Fisker only purchased enough to support what was produced
- Good Year was left holding the bag on thousands of tires
- Good Year liquidated the inventory by selling to Tire Rack and Dealer Tire
- Tire Rack and Dealer Tire purchased the tires for less than what Fisker paid
- They can now sell at deep discounts to move them out
Once sold out, I don’t believe they will ever be produced again. Technology has moved on…

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's a hundred reasons that drive tire prices and their fluctuation; if you've fished around Tire Rack you'll see its sort of like a commodity trading exchange for tires. A very competitive aftermarket price was a factor when the sourcing decision was made. Of course GY built more tires than FA used, its that way for every new car that hits the market. When volumes are lower the excess find their way out slowly, then eventually supply outpaces demand and the price drops. Only one tire was engineered for Karma, so take advantage of the opportunity.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Are you guys saying we should stock up on tires?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Thanks Daniel186, Just ordered my set of four!!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I was debating between the Yoko's and the original Goodyears, went with the Goodyears, b/c the traction is much better, although the Yoko's can potentially last twice as long. Lastly the Yokos were about $200 more on the set of four.

One last recommendation, as we don't have run flats, i have an extra full size front tire mounted on a front wheel (sitting in my garage). The front wheel can be mounted on the rears, but not vice versa. I also got wheeljack and impact wrench for the lugnuts from lowes. God forbid I have a flat, at least my wife can serve as my local Autoclub. Otherwise it's towing the car to who knows where and waiting for a tire to come in.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I was debating between the Yoko's and the original Goodyears, went with the Goodyears, b/c the traction is much better, although the Yoko's can potentially last twice as long. Lastly the Yokos were about $200 more on the set of four.

One last recommendation, as we don't have run flats, i have an extra full size front tire mounted on a front wheel (sitting in my garage). The front wheel can be mounted on the rears, but not vice versa. I also got wheeljack and impact wrench for the lugnuts from lowes. God forbid I have a flat, at least my wife can serve as my local Autoclub. Otherwise it's towing the car to who knows where and waiting for a tire to come in.
This is precisely why I have a set of winter tires and rims in case something like this happens. I am not sure how having one smaller tire on the rear will change the handling characteristics of the vehicle. Might as well have a whole set of mounted tires and wheels somewhere just in case. I think Pirelli (and probably other tire manufacturers) make run flat tires that fit the 21 inch winter wheels. Piece of mind especially if your house/office is always a construction zone.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts