Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See our Facebook or Flickr pages for a teaser of the new Surf.

Fisker Automotive will pull the wraps off the stunning new Fisker Surf on Tuesday September 13 during the first media day of the Frankfurt Auto Show If you are there you can find us at (Hall 5 Stand B01).

Focusing on the company’s philosophy of delivering Pure Driving Passion the new Fisker Surf is an electric vehicle with extended range (EVer) much like it’s stable mate the stylish Fisker Karma four door luxury sedan.

Stay tuned to our Flickr page www.flickr.com/fiskerauto for more images and of course we will have more information and images available on our website at www.fiskerautomotive.com on September 13th.

Best regards,

David Harris, Fisker Automotive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
DHarris said:
See our Facebook or Flickr pages for a teaser of the new Surf.

Fisker Automotive will pull the wraps off the stunning new Fisker Surf on Tuesday September 13 during the first media day of the Frankfurt Auto Show If you are there you can find us at (Hall 5 Stand B01).

Focusing on the company’s philosophy of delivering Pure Driving Passion the new Fisker Surf is an electric vehicle with extended range (EVer) much like it’s stable mate the stylish Fisker Karma four door luxury sedan.

Stay tuned to our Flickr page www.flickr.com/fiskerauto for more images and of course we will have more information and images available on our website at www.fiskerautomotive.com on September 13th.

Best regards,

David Harris, Fisker Automotive
I suppose this is the shooting-brake/wagon version of the Karma, which apparently you can mount a surfboard on top.


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Exciting!

When will the Nina be unveiled?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
Exciting!

When will the Nina be unveiled?
The Nina will stay under wraps until late 2012. Vice-president Biden, who saw it, called it 'a four-door Ferrari'. So I guess it looks good, and it might hurt Karma-sales if it were unveiled earlier. Understandable decision by Fisker.

Ontopic: if you can fit a surfboard on the Surf, will it lose the solar roof? Well, I guess we'll know next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Had my demo today on the Karma. More on that in the post on test drives to come. As to the Surf, all I could get out of the Fisker guys is that it will be at least 24-28 months before the Surf sees the surface of a road in someone's hands. That being said, for those waiting for more legroom earlier than 2 yrs from now, your going to have to wait a bit longer. He could not/would not confirm if it had any more legroom in the back. Clearly the Karma as it stands today, does not. Let's wait to see what it looks like next week. One of you European folks may want to go to Frankfurt to give it a closer look and report back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fiskerbuzz.

Tonight or should I say in the morning (around 1:30am PST) we will have images of the new Fisker Surf posted on our Flickr page (Flickr.com/fiskerauto) and also on our Facebook page (facebook.com/fiskerauto). In the morning our Website will also have Images of the new Fisker Surf.

Best regards,

David Harris, Fisker Automotive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fisker Surf Images are now live on flickr.com/fiskerauto

Best regards,

David Harris Fisker Automotive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Lots more photos on AutoBlog: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/fisker-surf-shooting-brake/#photo-4437492/

It sure looks a lot better than the Ferrari FF! Although, I'm not entirely sure who this car is supposed to appeal to in that price range. Certainly not soccer moms... or surfers.

What I really want to know, however, is if the leather-clad kleenex box in this photos comes standard:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/fisker-surf-shooting-brake/med/#photo-4437455

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Looks good, but I'm concerned about the trunk space. I've never seen the inside of the Karma's trunk, but the Surf trunk looks rather small considering the type of vehicle it is:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/fisker-surf-shooting-brake/med/#photo-4437471

Ferrari FF seems to have a more reasonable trunk:
http://automodifiedesign.com/2012-ferrari-ff-the-first-four-wheel-drive-ferrari-cars.html/2012-ferrari-ff-interior-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Not my cup of tea. I think it destroyed the aesthetics of the Karma in this version. Certainly won't be in my garage. Matter of fact, I was hoping this one would be something dynamic that solved the headroom and legroom issues of the karma for the tall folks in the audience. It doesn't, and I'm sad to say, that is the deal breaker for me. I'm out, after waiting 4 years for the Karma, the test drive didn't thrill me enough to spend that kind of money at a dealership that's over 100 miles away who seems like they don't care if they get your business or not. And this is a southern dealership in the US where folks are normally much more interested in their customers vs ones in NY/NJ area where I grew up. Too bad, I was really counting on it, but it is not practical with the size of my family. The lack of courtesy to my wife when we met the owner kind of sealed the fate for me unfortunately. So, I went out this weekend and bought a cheaper toy, BMW 328i convertible, that is a real blast to drive. Although it doesn't solve the family vehicle issue I've had with the Karma, if I'm going to have a car all to myself, I'd just as soon spend 40% of the price and be able to take the top down. If and when the Sunset comes out, I may jump back in at that time. However, the Surf nor Karma appear to be right for me at this time. Good luck to all of you who are taking delivery soon. I will follow this forum to see if it's all of what you all hoped for in day to day use.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
Good looking wagon, but wagons are not my cup of tea. Aesthetically, the car looks out of balance to me fore-aft, but I guess there is only so many ways you can squeeze a big hatch back into a car. I will stick with the Karma sedan, and the convertible, when it finally makes its appearance. I hope that, like Jerry Lewis, this is an American product that is better appreciated in Europe than in the US.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Sad to see you go, Hokiebird. Maybe the Fisker Nina can lure you back into Fisker's net in two years time; I am expecting it to be a more practical family car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Hokiebird said:
Not my cup of tea. I think it destroyed the aesthetics of the Karma in this version. Certainly won't be in my garage. Matter of fact, I was hoping this one would be something dynamic that solved the headroom and legroom issues of the karma for the tall folks in the audience. It doesn't, and I'm sad to say, that is the deal breaker for me. I'm out, after waiting 4 years for the Karma, the test drive didn't thrill me enough to spend that kind of money at a dealership that's over 100 miles away who seems like they don't care if they get your business or not. And this is a southern dealership in the US where folks are normally much more interested in their customers vs ones in NY/NJ area where I grew up. Too bad, I was really counting on it, but it is not practical with the size of my family. The lack of courtesy to my wife when we met the owner kind of sealed the fate for me unfortunately. So, I went out this weekend and bought a cheaper toy, BMW 328i convertible, that is a real blast to drive. Although it doesn't solve the family vehicle issue I've had with the Karma, if I'm going to have a car all to myself, I'd just as soon spend 40% of the price and be able to take the top down. If and when the Sunset comes out, I may jump back in at that time. However, the Surf nor Karma appear to be right for me at this time. Good luck to all of you who are taking delivery soon. I will follow this forum to see if it's all of what you all hoped for in day to day use.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the Sunset or Nina are more what you're looking for. Enjoy the BMW in the meantime!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
I am sorry to hear that the Karma did not work out for you. Enjoy the BMW and we hope to still hear from you on the forums here from time to time.

Photos from World Car Fans:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/111091336564/fisker-surf-concept-intrigues-in-frankfurt-video





Photos from Autoblog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/13/fisker-surf-concept-frankfurt-2011/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I think they are going to have a tough sale with this. BMW has a hard enough time selling many units of their 5 series wagon a 50-60k, let alone 100k+ for the Surf. It's a cool concept but I'd focus on getting the Sunset started before the Surf.

Also, the seats don't fold flat. I don't think you'll be able to fit many large items as with other sport wagons on the market. This is a cool concept car but I don't think there is much of a market here.

However, because it's the exact platform as the Karma it wont cost Fisker much extra to develop and produce this model and they'll have multiple models for the showroom floor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Yeah, I think that's why they're mainly focusing on Europe and China for this thing. They know it won't do well in the US, but apparently the folks over the pond are more into these station wagon things.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
You're right, we like wagons more here in Europe (I have one myself, an A6 Allroad). It's our version of the 'pick-up', I guess.

But the Surf is not appealing to me. The back looks a bit busy and overdesigned. And inside the bulge dividing the trunk from the rear seats is unhandy. I guess the electric motors cause this bulge. I'll stick with the Karma, which still is one of the most beautiful designs I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Agreed. It's like I said initially in my first post about it - I'm not sure who the target market is supposed to be for this. It's going to cost over $100k and yet it's nowhere near as functional as say a Subaru Outback at 1/3rd the cost. For a station wagon the sexy looks are actually a bit over the top I think.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
brian said:
Agreed. It's like I said initially in my first post about it - I'm not sure who the target market is supposed to be for this. It's going to cost over $100k and yet it's nowhere near as functional as say a Subaru Outback at 1/3rd the cost. For a station wagon the sexy looks are actually a bit over the top I think.

-Brian
The Karma isn't nearly as fast or practical as a WRX and you can get those for a 1/3 as well...

brian said:
It sure looks a lot better than the Ferrari FF!
I think they are both equally unattractive. But, the Fisker is 1/3 the price of the Ferrari, so hey! (Of course, the Fisker isn't 4WD and it doesn't smoke 99% of 2-door sports cars on the road...)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top