Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fisker Surf concept was shown yesterday on the Concept Car lawn at the Pebble Beach Concours. Today it was parked in front of Fisker Silicon Valley.

It looks really cool in person. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
dennis said:
The Fisker Surf concept was shown yesterday on the Concept Car lawn at the Pebble Beach Concours. Today it was parked in front of Fisker Silicon Valley.

It looks really cool in person. :cool:

I wonder if the grill can be swapped with a Karma grill.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Yeah I like the Surf's grill more than the Karma's (e.g. mesh vs the vertical slats).

Dennis, did you have a chance to sit in the back seats? Any major difference in headroom/storage?

·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SoCalGuy said:
Dennis, did you have a chance to sit in the back seats? Any major difference in headroom/storage?
While I didn't sit in the back, there is definitely more headroom because the roofline is higher. You can see by comparing the shape of the rear window/rear quarter glass in the photo with that of your Karma. There is more storage room in the trunk because the hinges aren't there to interfere and you can stack stuff higher. The trunk in not any deeper front to back because the inverters/gas tank still need to be in the same place behind the rear seats.

I was told that Fisker is willing to build Surfs one-off for anyone willing to pay $200K. :)

·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doug said:
Wow, I'd like to check it out. Do you know how long it will be there? Does it run under it's own power?
It was still there last night, but it will probably make its way south soon so the SoCal guys can see it on their Sunday drive/HQ visit. AFAIK it is a fully functioning Karma with different body and interior parts. I remember reading somewhere that there were only 250-300 parts different between the Surf and a production Karma.

·
Registered
320 Posts
dennis said:
I was told that Fisker is willing to build Surfs one-off for anyone willing to pay $200K. :)
I double-checked on this and was told it would be more like $235K plus tax. (In California, that tax would be the equivalent of buying a new Mini Cooper S).

·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave_Car_Guy said:
I double-checked on this and was told it would be more like $235K plus tax. (In California, that tax would be the equivalent of buying a new Mini Cooper S).
Are you thinking of adding to your Fisker Exclusive Collection? :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
dennis said:
Are you thinking of adding to your Fisker Exclusive Collection? :D
That was on my mind.... but then I'd feel the need for the Tramonto and that might put my loving wife over the edge... ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts