Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
That is a REVERO. I was asked to test drive by KARMA. They brought one out to Scottsdale. It is the exact same car but with upgraded CPU and software with bells and whistles we wanted for Fisker. Unfortunately Fiskers are not able to be retrofitted. We are stuck with the best looking BETA test car ever released.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
That is a REVERO. I was asked to test drive by KARMA. They brought one out to Scottsdale. It is the exact same car but with upgraded CPU and software with bells and whistles we wanted for Fisker. Unfortunately Fiskers are not able to be retrofitted. We are stuck with the best looking BETA test car ever released.
You can retrofit the Revero CIU and TPI.. Biggest issue is getting the parts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had heard or read somewhere from Karma Automotive that the new system would not work in our 2012 existing system without major rewiring, essentially tear apart most of the existing system, wiring, etc and rebuild all over again. Too much work to make it worth while. Is that not true?

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
I had heard or read somewhere from Karma Automotive that the new system would not work in our 2012 existing system without major rewiring, essentially tear apart most of the existing system, wiring, etc and rebuild all over again. Too much work to make it worth while. Is that not true?

You need a Revero CIU and TPI and a gateway to translate the revero specific messages to the 2012 Karma messages (and vice versa).

The first two you have to get from a Karma dealer. The gateway is what we have designed.

The silverbox and TPI are identical physically/electrically to what is in the 2012 cars.

There are minor differences with the wiring (maybe two pins) but it does not require a full re-wire.

The biggest barrier -by far, is getting the CIU and TPI from a dealer.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
@PowerSource theirs still a lot of hope for the big old fish. I think they might let us update it further. Also did they come with a new update called Bl615?

·
Registered
349 Posts
i just ordered the tom20, and it will be installed this week.
given what i have read, i believe that with the tom20 installed, i will actually have a car that is BETTER than the Revero.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
i just ordered the tom20, and it will be installed this week.
given what i have read, i believe that with the tom20 installed, i will actually have a car that is BETTER than the Revero.

Nice! I plan to do that down the road a bit, after I get a few things taken care of... like getting my roof replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts