Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the code to the software is available anywhere? I see some areas that may could use a bit of tweaking. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response all. If they are out business, who is doing the updates? Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Betch23, Fisker already went BK and the new owner is taking care of the Software.

As with any proprietary software, if the company goes down, there will be somebody who will buy the stuff out of BK ... maybe next time you?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Waiting for 530

Does anyone know that if the new software version 520 is not yet installed and I wait to do the 530 install, will the CSP have to put in 520 first and then add 530?

·
Registered
211 Posts
when he puts on 530, you will get the 520 too, so both will be done at once.

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
As I understand it, the software was developed by external vendors and integrated by Fisker. Check out this thread for more information.
I would think PowerSource would know allot about it too, since they built the TOM to interface with the current system ?

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
I would think PowerSource would know allot about it too, since they built the TOM to interface with the current system ?

We control the functionality of the vehicle (interacts with the "Tier-1" developed modules in the Karma) through our technology. All of our software and hardware is developed in-house. Many others have tried to "hack" the karma by re-programming the existing modules on the car. This is very difficult as many of the modules use a proprietary development environment that is really meant for rapid prototyping rather than deployment in a production vehicle. Furthermore, the source is owned wholly by the supplier not the OEM.

KA/FA/FATG outsourced every aspect of the car (except design); so they are really at the mercy of suppliers with regards to software releases. Even the ability to flash cars requires a run-time license, which is outsourced to another supplier. This is why when FA stopped paying vendors the techinfo portal and all dealer/technical resources went down. This is all spelled out in the BK documents that are freely available.

As you can imagine, getting all these suppliers on-board is almost impossible. A single supplier could ruin the whole software release. Main reason why I think they are having timing issues with 530. If one supplier is late, the whole release is late. If there is an issue with one portion of the code, then back to the drawing board with validation. Being able to control the software is key in being able to fix bugs and issues. If you can't control the functionality of your vehicle, it better be 100% right the first time or you will have long term issues. Off the soap box and our 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts