Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This PR went out today:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110622005580/en/Fisker-Automotive-Selects-EV-Connect-Exclusive-EVSE

There's a quote from a Fisker marketing person in there that says, "“Everything we do at Fisker revolves around the customer experience..." I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

-Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
brian said:
"“Everything we do at Fisker revolves around the customer experience..." I actually laughed out loud when I read that.
They must be revolving in a Neptune-sized orbit because I have not noticed them. :D

--Fab
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
We ordered a few charging stations this morning from EV Connect. Their Customer Services Manager, Roy, has been quite helpful to us. In the coming weeks, we'll try to document the installation process with images and video for those of you who plan to order the system for your KARMA.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
FiskerPalmBeach said:
We ordered a few charging stations this morning from EV Connect. Their Customer Services Manager, Roy, has been quite helpful to us. In the coming weeks, we'll try to document the installation process with images and video for those of you who plan to order the system for your KARMA.
Thanks; that would be very helpful. According to the NY Times Blog version of this story, the $2295 is for the charger ($800) and installation ($1495), which makes it a decent deal. Up to now, it appeared that the charger alone was going to cost $2500, which would be pretty steep compared to other units on the market.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Fabulist said:
FiskerPalmBeach said:
We ordered a few charging stations this morning from EV Connect. Their Customer Services Manager, Roy, has been quite helpful to us. In the coming weeks, we'll try to document the installation process with images and video for those of you who plan to order the system for your KARMA.
Thanks; that would be very helpful. According to the NY Times Blog version of this story, the $2295 is for the charger ($800) and installation ($1495), which makes it a decent deal. Up to now, it appeared that the charger alone was going to cost $2500, which would be pretty steep compared to other units on the market.

-- Fab.
The charger price is fine, but in some instances, the $1495 cost of installation is very steep. For example, if you already have a 220V line in your garage (not that uncommon) it would appear that the only requirement for installation would be for a qualified electrician to install a proper 220V receptical (if different) and pull appropriate permits (if required for such a minor mod). It's possible there's more to it, but as yet, Fisker isn't sharing. Hopefully, my dealer (FiskerPalmBeach) will follow through and let their customers know what's involved shortly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
brian said:
This PR went out today:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110622005580/en/Fisker-Automotive-Selects-EV-Connect-Exclusive-EVSE

There's a quote from a Fisker marketing person in there that says, "“Everything we do at Fisker revolves around the customer experience..." I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

-Brian
Funny. I just read the article (from the Fisker Facebook page) and laughed out loud at the exact same spot...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Soflauthor said:
The charger price is fine, but in some instances, the $1495 cost of installation is very steep. For example, if you already have a 220V line in your garage (not that uncommon) it would appear that the only requirement for installation would be for a qualified electrician to install a proper 220V receptical (if different) and pull appropriate permits (if required for such a minor mod). It's possible there's more to it, but as yet, Fisker isn't sharing. Hopefully, my dealer (FiskerPalmBeach) will follow through and let their customers know what's involved shortly.
You may be right but I think it's a little more complicated than just adding a 220V plug (like a dryer plug) since this unit looks like it is wired in permanently. For example, they need to add a circuit breaker to your panel for this circuit and typically the panel is not exactly where you need it to be, and that requires pulling wires to and from the panel or put in a sub-panel close to the outlet.

More importantly, there are number of J1772 units on the market, so you don't need to buy one from Fisker at all and you can buy your own and have a reputable local electrician install it for you. That's the beauty of standards.

-- Fab
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Finally, if you are still waiting to hear from your deal about the EVConnect scheduling of a Lear made Fisker Home Fast Charger here is Roy Yoshii's number at EVConnect (310) 751-0994.
I will repost this part under the charging thread.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top