Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Signature Edition #99
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

How do I know if all the recalls have been performed on my fisker ? I imported it from the US (CALI) and it did not seem used very much.

Can I see if the important ones have been done?

Tx!!!

Regards,
Martijn Verbeek
- Proud dutch Karma owner:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hello and welcome!

There will be a white sticker under the hood in most cases, usually near the shock tower mount. The campaign # for the lo-temp fans was 520120016.

If the sticker isn't there, don't worry yet, as not every car will have the sticker. While I was at the dealership, we received many recall kits without stickers so some just didn't get any. To check, you'll need a mirror + flashlight. Turn the wheels all the way to the left, then go over to the passenger side wheel-well. You'll see the grill-type opening in front of the passenger side tire. Using the mirror and flashlight, look through the slats in the grill to view the black cooling fan. There should be a small yellow dot on the center portion of the fan. The yellow dot indicates you have the updated fan.
No yellow dot means you have the old fan. If you believe this is what you have, check the driver side as well. There should NOT be a fan on the drivers side if the recall was performed. If there is a fan on the driver side, especially with no yellow dot, then the lo-temp fan recall hasn't been done and should be done ASAP.

I hope that helps. Just let me know if any of that is a bit confusing.

·
Registered
479 Posts
OP - in your other thread with pics, one can clearly see the white recall sticker on the passenger side shock tower mount. You should be fine but double check as per Lormax's instructions.

·
Signature Edition #99
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sticker

Hello and welcome!

There will be a white sticker under the hood in most cases, usually near the shock tower mount. The campaign # for the lo-temp fans was 520120016.

If the sticker isn't there, don't worry yet, as not every car will have the sticker. While I was at the dealership, we received many recall kits without stickers so some just didn't get any. To check, you'll need a mirror + flashlight. Turn the wheels all the way to the left, then go over to the passenger side wheel-well. You'll see the grill-type opening in front of the passenger side tire. Using the mirror and flashlight, look through the slats in the grill to view the black cooling fan. There should be a small yellow dot on the center portion of the fan. The yellow dot indicates you have the updated fan.
No yellow dot means you have the old fan. If you believe this is what you have, check the driver side as well. There should NOT be a fan on the drivers side if the recall was performed. If there is a fan on the driver side, especially with no yellow dot, then the lo-temp fan recall hasn't been done and should be done ASAP.

I hope that helps. Just let me know if any of that is a bit confusing.

Yes the sticker is there and has exactly that number. thanks!
BTW Is that the only recall for this series or are there more stickers :D

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
There is a bunch of recalls that required the technicians to leave a sticker or a mark if the recall was done correctly .
Another recall was a ground wire relocation suppose to use whit paint on the gen inverter and place a white mark on the bolts. And sand down the firewall where the bolts attach too. If I get a chance I will post some pictures the karma had more then just the fan recall but that was the most important

Other recalls involved removing nuts and washers for better grounds located where the dash board bolts to the car inside . Also relocate ground wire for the Knee Bolster passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts