Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was totally surprised yesterday when Fisker of Palm Beach called me for my annual service. I was able to secure a next day appointment. I received an oil change for around $300.00, and a clean bill of health... except a leaky oil filter. They replaced an $8 o-ring.

I also was able to buy a set of front floor mats for around $250. It's great to know that they haven't given up on Fisker.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not to be too cynical but why wouldn't they call to schedule an appointment? Auto dealers make a pretty penny on service. I'm constantly harassed by various (non-Fisker) dealers to "Time to bring in your car for service" flyers, phone calls, emails, etc.

The good news is that they are still willing to work on the Karma.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
$300 for an oil change?!??!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Fisker Silicon Valley has something like an $85/hour labor rate. When I bring my car in for service in a few months they'll spend a couple of hours checking everything. So I expect it'll cost me $200 or so. Having a Fisker tech (like Lormax or Harleguy) who performs routine service on the Karma while looking for potential problems is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
$300 for an oil change?!??!
I don't know what they did, but when I do routine service, it's not 'just an oil change'. Everything gets checked. All the problem areas that I know on the car are checked visually. I hook up the diagnostic software, check codes, check live data for multiple modules and take screenshots of everything. That way, next time I see the car I can compare the data then to the data previously and see if there's anything I need to look into further. Owner permitting, I take it for a test drive to check for noises (especially suspected low serial # RDM's).

When you think about taking the car to Jiffy Lube to get a cheaper oil change, just keep in mind that there's a lot more to this car than just the gas engine. To be fair though, I also don't charge $300.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fisker Silicon Valley has something like an $85/hour labor rate. When I bring my car in for service in a few months they'll spend a couple of hours checking everything. So I expect it'll cost me $200 or so. Having a Fisker tech (like Lormax or Harleguy) who performs routine service on the Karma while looking for potential problems is cheap insurance.
That's almost as cheap as the guys who used to work on my wife's New Beetle. They charged $80 an hour - independents, not affiliated with any dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
That's almost as cheap as the guys who used to work on my wife's New Beetle. They charged $80 an hour - independents, not affiliated with any dealer.
The bill for my car's 20K Mile service was around $250. Fisker Marin covered it, but I saw the bill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts