Fisker Buzz Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s quite a bit preproduction interest. 11,000 reservations is a pretty big deal. Yes, the car will come to market and it will probably sell five times that in the first year. Just because people don’t put down a deposit does not mean they’re not interested. Move to the Fisker Como is Bill with less than 800 deposits, and they sold close to 3000 in the first year. And that was a car that cost $100,000
Thanks for the quick response! Yah, I guess my thinking is a bit skewed, thinking back when 180,000 reservations were placed for the Tesla Model 3 on Day 1. I understand the situation is different. I was one who put down a deposit for the Model 3 in 2016 and waited 25 months to finally get behind the wheel. I'm looking at right around the same if the Ocean keeps the current timeline. Two years is a long time to wait and I'm hoping it will be worth it (car is for my wife but I'll do my fair share of driving it as well). It's just hard to find any current info or updates anywhere about the car. COVID probably has a lot to do with that. :confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here are some more shots of the interior, During the setup on Monday and Henrick on a panel discussing Electric Vehicles ..I spoke to production folks and they seem to fully appreciate what they need to do this time around - cross finger -- more details to come at the Geneva auto show ...

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

or just in case you want to fly, check this out
Google Photos
looks good and interesting

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just threw down my 250. at 1387 as of today. but if the tax credit goes away...so does my deposit (25$!). will be amazed if they can import from austria and still keep that price under 40k.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i just threw down my 250. at 1387 as of today. but if the tax credit goes away...so does my deposit (25$!). will be amazed if they can import from austria and still keep that price under 40k.
Great! What is your reference to “1387”?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I see the last post here was over a year ago! From what I can find only around 11,000 reservations have been placed thus far (including mine). Is the Ocean SUV actually going to come to market?! And why isn't there more buzz about this car?! I love it!! Anyone still out there??? :)
Same thoughts actually

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Anybody here who bought one?
You won't buy them - you'll lease them. But I put my deposit a year or so ago.

Simon

·
Registered
320 Posts
You won't buy them - you'll lease them. But I put my deposit a year or so ago.

Simon
To be fair, you will be able to buy it outright. But like you, I suspect most people won’t want to take the risk with a new company. So the company fully expects that the vast majority of consumers will prefer the lease.

My deposit was put down on December 2, 2019. Not sure where that puts me in line, except that it should be in the first few hundred.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
To be fair, you will be able to buy it outright. But like you, I suspect most people won’t want to take the risk with a new company. So the company fully expects that the vast majority of consumers will prefer the lease.

My deposit was put down on December 2, 2019. Not sure where that puts me in line, except that it should be in the first few hundred.
December 29th 2019 for me :)

Reactions: LonePalmBJ
21 - 30 of 30 Posts