Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am debating if I should take the plunge and purchase this beauty. My biggest concern is to have someone work on the vehicle. I am located in NY.

Is there someone like Lormax here on the east coast?

Thank you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Where in NY are you? I am in Bridgehampton.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mikey43,

I am located in Manhasset. What would you charge for typical maintenance work and your hourly rate for mechanical issues?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm in NY right now actually, I was brought out here to work on a car. I'm flying back to California today though, but PM me anyway sometime Joneng22. I'd be happy to discuss a few things about the car and what you could get done locally.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
i be interested to know what can be done for fairfax virginia, there are 10+ owners out ehre, two that i know of.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Include at least one in North Carolina...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I know you guys on the east coast are quite a bit more spread out, though you could try doing the same thing that the Scottsdale/Phoenix owners did. Through contacting each other, they narrowed down a few days that would work for all of them, then had me come out to work on each car at the same location. Splitting the travel fees amongst all of them really lessened the hit each took on the wallet as well.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
I know you guys on the east coast are quite a bit more spread out, though you could try doing the same thing that the Scottsdale/Phoenix owners did. Through contacting each other, they narrowed down a few days that would work for all of them, then had me come out to work on each car at the same location. Splitting the travel fees amongst all of them really lessened the hit each took on the wallet as well.
That is a fine plan. I guess the east coast owners need to coordinate and determine when someone needs service and lets the other members know so we can schedule our repsective repairs or check ups.

I vote for a Mid-atlantic group to be formed and we can settle at a loction where we can rent a garage for the days needed.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I know someone who owns a shop outside of DC that might be able to help out with a garage who knows maybe I will take a road trip .

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in either trip. Figure out a date and PM me so I can block those dates off. I'll also have a quick list of questions for each owner so that I make sure I bring out the correct parts and tools.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There are 2 of us in the Philadelphia area, maybe a few more in the surrounding metro areas of NJ and delaware. amongst us, I am pretty sure we would have access to a few possible shop locations for work. PM me if you are in the Philly area and I will put a list together.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Im in south Jersey and have a garage. if anyone needs details PM me....

·
Registered
272 Posts
its a nice size Harleyguy is just breaking them for me......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts