Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
How do you know the Nina will be better looking than the Model S?

Fabulist said:
Dutch said:
Hello Herb, maybe the Fisker Nina is another option for you. The price will be comparable to that of the Model S (the smaller battery-versions), it will be gorgeous (according to the people who have already seen it), it will have no range anxiety and it will be available around the same time when Tesla will have delivered to all current deposit holders, about 1,5 to 2 years from now.
Good point. The Nina is definitely better looking than the Tesla S. Or if you are really adventurous, you could wait for the Sunset.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Fabulist said:
SoCalGuy said:
I have seen the Nina in person at a showing to investors back in April. Compared to the photos of the Model S, there is no contest, IMHO.

--Fab.
Ah, luck you!!! How would you compare the Karma to the Nina? I heard that some investors/management were worried that releasing the Nina too early would cannabilize Karma sales.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Soflauthor said:
Fabulist said:
SoCalGuy said:
I heard that some investors/management were worried that releasing the Nina too early would cannabilize Karma sales.
Fisker releasing anything too early Is not at the top of my concerns list at the moment. :-/
IMO, there is no chance that Fisker will be ""early" with the Nina. First, they have to design and then outfit a complete factory. No small task. Next, they must hire production staff and train them. Then, they have to debug production processes, deal with myriad regulatory issues inside the US, establish overall logistics, define a supplier chain, etc., etc.

Fisker will not release the Nina in 2012, and based on their performance with the Karma (using an existing production facility that was proven and running), little chance the car will be available in 2013. Right now, any date that Fisker announces should be met with serious skepticism until the company proves otherwise.

SoFla

Fisker deposit: June 10, 2008 (#737). On order: Ecosport - Shadow exterior – Canyon Tritone interior (delivery ~ October 1, 2011)
Totally hear both of you on that front. All I'm saying is that what I've heard is that since the car will be 1/2 the cost of the Karma and an equally stunning design, some may opt to save their cash and wait until the Nina comes out in 2-3 years. By then, all the Q-drive kinks will have been worked out and who knows, instead of using a 2.0L EcoTec as range extender (i.e. inefficient repurposed engine), new, dedicated range extender units that are more efficient and compact might already have been designed and put into use.

I've heard that Fisker originally planned to unveil their mockup of the Nina in September of this year at one of the auto shows, but has since delayed that to early 2012 (again, in an effort to ward off the cannabilization effect). Have you guys heard anything?

Also, Fab, please let us know more about the design!!!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Fabulist said:
Other than the public reports of Nina pricing being around $50K, I have not heard any of that. It makes sense for Fisker to wait until there are a significant number of Karmas delivered to owners before they publicly commit to the next project. Also, assuming the Q-Drive works as advertised, it make sense to keep using it in the next couple of vehicles rather than start anew with a whole new configuration.

BTW, these are my own thoughts and I have no insight into what Fisker is thinking or doing any more than anyone else outside the company, so feel free to accept or reject my musings as you wish.

-- Fab
...and how does the Nina look???

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
how have you all managed to see a Nina???

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
@Eric Karma - there's more than enough room on the road for Karmas and Model S. I've driven the Model S and it is a very impressive car. It is more efficient than the Karma (2.5-3.0 miles per kwh vs 1.6-2.1mi per kwh for the Karma), has a very cool command center and elegant drivetrain design. The Karma is much better looking, more luxurious and handles better plus has a range extender. Neither is perfect and as others have said, different strokes for different folks. So let's keep the bashing to the pure ICEs and cheer for both Fisker and Tesla to succeed!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I know there are a few other MS/Karma owners out there. Would be great to get their impressions as well, now that they've had some extended time with both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.