Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Leo Parker
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ask a question about spare parts of Fisker karma.
What's the probability that there won't be spare parts to maintain a Fisker
Karma in next 5 years?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think a lot of parts are unchanged for the Karma Revero. But they also did some changes, which wouldn't work for the Fisker Karma:

Wiring
Entertainment
Front/Back
Diamond Dust
Solar roof
Some control units

It is unclear, whether they have spare parts for all of us...

·
Registered
189 Posts
...What's the probability that there won't be spare parts to maintain a Fisker Karma in next 5 years?
Slim to none - as stated above most parts are available from KA and I am sure the stock will be there from some time. Fisker planned for a far greater production than the 2k+ Karma's that rolled out, hence there was a lot of excess stock and full gliders when they folded. Auto Maufactures by US law are required to fully support production vehicles during the warranty period (typically 5-7 yrs), so there is usally enough parts (or ability to order from supplier) to cover that period.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
IMO they won't support the Karma in the coming years I also know they had a huge stock of Karma parts that they had plans of destroying I have no idea of that plan is still being looked into. That information came from a good source at Karma Automotive.
Fisker only had parts made for production cars and very few spare parts for cars that were on the road seems crazy but true . Parts like the CIU right now is very limited remember the CIU was only produced for a short run and they were failing back in 2012 and still failing

·
Registered
189 Posts
IMO they won't support the Karma in the coming years I also know they had a huge stock of Karma parts that they had plans of destroying....
Keep in mind the OP said "next 5-years" - I think everyone can keep a Karma roadable without parts issues for the next decade without worry.

Naturally for some specific niche items like RDMs, battery modules, clusters and CIUs, wont be supported by KA as the cars get to be well over 10 years old (halfway there), but as already been proven "ingenuity kicks in" to solve problems (ie Powersource) and it happens with all cars that have discontinued parts. Other than battery, harnesses, speedo cluster, and CIU arent the Revero and Karma parts essentially interchangeable (same GM engine) and wouldn't KA support their Revero for a decade after production stops in the next few years?

so in regards to parts e.g. if a Fisker Karma suffers cracked glass, broken lenses, needs of exterior body or interior panel, seals, door actuators, or a suspension component fails why wouldnt the Karma Revero part not suffice? I an sure the anwser is they work just fine.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Keep in mind the OP said "next 5-years" - I think everyone can keep a Karma roadable without parts issues for the next decade without worry.

Naturally for some specific niche items like RDMs, battery modules, clusters and CIUs, wont be supported by KA as the cars get to be well over 10 years old (halfway there), but as already been proven "ingenuity kicks in" to solve problems (ie Powersource) and it happens with all cars that have discontinued parts. Other than battery, harnesses, speedo cluster, and CIU arent the Revero and Karma parts essentially interchangeable (same GM engine) and wouldn't KA support their Revero for a decade after production stops in the next few years?

so in regards to parts e.g. if a Fisker Karma suffers cracked glass, broken lenses, needs of exterior body or interior panel, seals, door actuators, or a suspension component fails why wouldnt the Karma Revero part not suffice? I an sure the anwser is they work just fine.
Good question as far as the same parts fitting the Revero as the Karma. I all found this to be a problem I needed a windshield for a Karma and they had the windshields but not the needed seal to install it. I asked about a Revero windshield wouldn't it be the same and work they came back said they wouldn't sell a Revero windshield for a Karma and that's where that ended.

·
Registered
189 Posts
... I asked about a Revero windshield wouldn't it be the same and work they came back said they wouldn't sell a Revero windshield for a Karma and that's where that ended.
My questions is who is/are "they"...assume it's KA corp, or is it a current dealer ie Karma Main Line. It appears they didnt say it wouldnt work, they just wouldnt sell to you, which in and of its self sounds crazy at first blush, but there is more to it...As far as I know there are no production Reveros on the road yet and providing you parts 1) prematurely, 2) as a non-CSP 3) for a car that is not released as a "special case" might/could have been their rationale, since (from a liabiliy standpoint) some sources/manufactures will not sell parts unless you can provide a VIN basically ensuring 100% compatibity and they did not provide something knowlingly outside the intended design use.

Once Reveros are in the wild no one will know who or what parts are for and I for one would be shocked if I can't get a Revero "mesh look grill" if I wanted it for my Karma and provided a VIN from autotrader/ebay if required in the future - can't imagine there would be that level of control.

On a complete side note - It's odd that a very common item like windshield seal is NLA in inventory globally - is it backordered? What was your workaround.

·
Registered
888 Posts
BTW integrating the Revero mesh grill on an Karma needs a mod of your front!
They redesigned the front and the back, to give it kind of facelift (a), as this was a good way, to get rid of the body alignment problems, FA had with the Karma (b)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts