Fisker Buzz Forums banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
All:
Ever wonder why Fisker Karma Signature Edition Car #1 went to Leonardo DiCaprio?

Per Henrik Fisker: Leonardo DiCaprio's Prius inspired the Karma

By JEREMY KORZENIEWSKI
Nov 8th 2009 at 2:53PM

Ever wonder what it is that sparks the mind of an entrepreneur? After all, lots of people have big imaginations and great ideas, but only a relatively small number of them actually follow through, create a company and design a product. Of course, we can add Henrik Fisker to that list of entrepreneurs, and we're definitely looking forward to seeing what else springs from his fertile mind.

So, back to the original question. In the case of Henrik Fisker, the inspiration for the Karma extended-range electric car came from none other than Leonardo DiCaprio. Actually, the actor's Prius hybrid, to be specific.
Says Fisker:
A couple of years ago it started, by people who were maybe a little ahead of their time. You saw some movie starts like Leonardo DiCaprio buying a Prius... He could have bought any car in the world, and I remember seeing that on television and thinking to myself, you know, when you've got a guy who could buy any Ferrari or Rolls Royce and he's buying a Prius, you know something is changing dramatically.
Interesting little tidbit, no?
[Source: Reuters | Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images]

The above was posted to this Fisker Buzz Forum on 11/08/09!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
FiskerNL: Thanks for confirming the location of #58 .
Do you know anything else about #58 ?
Why is at Kroymans?
Is it in for service?
Is it for sale?
Where does the car live?
Who owns it?
Etc?
The info that I have on #58 is from 2011/2012:
production date 9/27/11, sold to Prince Mauritis, thru dealer Nelleman Fair Drive A/S,
Fredericia, Denmark.
Any current info that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
Ken

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
PowewrSource: The 2011/2012 sales and production data that I have on Ray Lane's car is as follows:
Production date 6/27/11, sold thru Fisker Silicon Valley, Palo Alto, USA, Atherton,

The only production/sales data that I have for FK SE Car#1:
Production date 6/23/11, Fisker Santa Monica, Santa Monica, USA

Any information on these cars would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Ken

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
PowerSource:
My 10;55 pm post above is confusing.
What I was trying to say was that I show FK SE Car #1 going to Leonardo De Caprio and
FK SE Car #2 going to Ray Lane.
Thanks for all your help so far on this year and a half long project (which is still very much in progress).
Ken

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Does anybody know if Leo still owns Numero Uno?
number 1 was actually a blue car (deep ocean I think) that was in the lobby.

DiCaprios car was apart in the fisker shop it could have been his replacement vehicle. It was missing the whole front end. This was circa 2012-2015. It definitely was not number 1 but another signature. Fisker HQ in Anaheim kept swapping out cars with him in the early days due to issues

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
PowerSource & All:
I confirmed with Henrik (Fisker) today that Fisker Karma Signature Edition Car #1 went to Leonardo DiCaprio.
Regards

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
My current list of the original owners of the first 13 Fisker Karma Signature Edition Cars:
(Please comment pro or con with any additional info that you may have.)

1. Leonardo DiCaprio, actor, etc (Henrik's inspiration for the Fisker Karma)
2. Ray Lane, Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers (Investors)
3. Colin Powell US General, former Chairman Joint Chiefs Of Staff
4. Al Gore, Former Vice President of United States
5. Colin Powell, Swapped for SE #3 due to car problems with SE #3
6. Jerry Kroll, ?
7. David Anderson, ?, Danville
8. Loong Keng Lim, ?, Singapore (also owned SE #28 .)
9. HRH Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark
10. Edward Hoyt, ?, Tempe
11. Christoph Bother-Schultze, ?, Bergisch Gladbach, Switzerland
12. Daniel Dae Kim, ?, Honolulu
13. Christine Schwarzman, ?, New York

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
For the first time in months, I finally came across some info on a FK Signature Edition Car that I only had minimal info on.
Karma11 posted on this forum that his Fisker Karma Signature Edition Car #11 is up for sale in Germany.
He posted that it is in very good condition and to PM (private message) him if interested. He is a CEO/Entrepreneur in the Auto Industry.
If you have any info on this car or any FK Signature Edition Series, please let me know so I can update my research info. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
319 Posts
^ With regard to #7 two posts above, the “?” For David Anderson can be replaced by:
“Palo Alto Investors (Investors in Fisker)”

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
My current (updated 05/28/19) list of the original owners of the first 13 Fisker Karma Signature Edition Cars:
(Please comment pro or con with any additional info that you may have.)

1. Leonardo DiCaprio, actor, etc (Henrik's inspiration for the Fisker Karma)
2. Ray Lane, Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers (Investors)
3. Colin Powell US General, former Chairman Joint Chiefs Of Staff
4. Al Gore, Former Vice President of United States
5. Colin Powell, Swapped for SE #3 due to car problems with SE #3
6. Jerry Kroll, Sports Management, Vancouver
7. David Anderson, Palo Alto Investors, Danville
8. Loong Keng Lim, ?, Singapore (also owned SE #28 .)
9. HRH Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark
10. Edward Hoyt, ?, Tempe
11. Christoph Bother-Schultze, Automotive firm CEO, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany/Switzerland
12. Daniel Dae Kim, ?, Honolulu
13. Christine Schwarzman, Wife of Billionaire CEO of Blackstone Private Equity firm, NY

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
My current (updated 06/05/19) list of the original owners of Fisker Karma Signature Edition Cars #14-25 :
(Please comment pro or con with any additional info that you may have on any FK Signature Edition Cars)

14. Larry Lachner, La Verne
15. Ray Mulokas, Ventura
16. Axel Klages, Osnabrueck, Switzerland
17. Tim Dattels, San Francisco,
18. Geoffrey Folsom, Lake Sherwood
19. Fisker of Greenwich
20. Fisker of San Diego
21. Christopher Kutcher, Lone Tree
22. Richard Lowenthal, Cupertino
23. Mark, Lampl, Port Washington
24. Mark Little, Niskayuna
25. Lawrence Clagna, Armonk

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Updating my 9:26 PM post above of current (updated 06/05/19) list of the original owners of Fisker Karma Signature Edition Cars #14-25 :
(Please comment pro or con with any additional info that you may have on any FK Signature Edition Cars)

14. Larry Lachner, ?, La Verne, ?
15. Ray Mulokas, ?, Ventura, ?
16. Axel Klages, ?, still owner & on FK Owners & Fan Club forum, Osnabrueck, Germany/Switzerland?
17. Tim Dattels, ?, San Francisco, Calif
18. Geoffrey Folsom, ?, Lake Sherwood, ?
19. Ivano Iannelli?, ?, Investor & VP at GE, Fisker of Greenwich, ?
20. ?, Fisker of San Diego, Calif
21. Christopher Kutcher, ?, Lone Tree, ?
22. Richard Lowenthal, ?, Cupertino, Calif
23. Mark, Lampl, ?, Niskayuna, ?
25. Lawrence Clagna, ?, Armonk, ?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
For only the second time in months, i found some new info on a Fisker Karma Signature Edition Car:
On 6/7/19, 1:28pm, in the Fisker Classified (Buy/Sell) section of this forum (Fisker Buzz.com Forum), J Caprara of Clarksville, Maryland, Posted: "#70/100, 30,000 miles, near mint, no issues, never seen rain or snow. 2 extra Fisker factory wheels. Serious inquires only. Located in Maryland."
If you have any info on a Fisker Karma Signature Edition Car, please let me know so I can update my research spreadsheets on the FK SE Cars #1-100 .
Thanks

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
For only the third time in several months I found some new info on one of the 100 FK Signature Edition Cars for my research project on the history of all 100 FK Signature Edition Cars.
LeeBaxter12 posted on this forum on 6/9/19:
"I purchased a Karma yesterday for the wife It is her dream car. Today however I am getting a service brake message then a service park brake message and the car will not drive. I also got a 12 volt critically low message a time or two. I tried a hard reset of the main cable on the passenger side. Nothing. I am charging the 12 volt battery now. I charged the 12 volt battery. The ready light is flashing and the fuel and battery lights are red. It appears like every light in the cluster is on. The car appears like it will run but the PNDR will not illuminate. I am a transmission tech it’s what I do for a living. This has me blasted. I have a snap on scan tool I will bring home tomorrow and see what I can get out of it. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you. It’s a 2012 signature edition number 4 of 100. Vin number YH4K10BA6CA000004."

If you have any info on FK SE Cars 1-100, please let me know.
Thanks! Ken

101 - 120 of 144 Posts