Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned Fisker Karma (FK) Signature Edition (SE) Car #13 for a few months and I love it.

I am semi retired and as a hobby/project, I have decided to research the forum, etc, for history and info on the 100 SE cars.

After a few months reading and research I have found some history and fun info on 39 SE cars and put all that info on a spreadsheet.

I would like to collect and catalog info on all 100 SE cars on that spreadsheet.

Sample history/info:
I purchased SE#13 in 10/2017 from Joe Ferrante/FiskerPhilly, Certified Pre-Owned. with a 3 year warranty, near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. It is like new, near mint condition, with only 3,000 miles. I am the second owner. It was owned by a Fisker investor and kept in his Hampton's vacation home garage. I just had Ziebart paint protection, and a Ziebart Z-Gloss 3 layer ceramic finish put on it to keep it looking like new for many years to come (cost aprox. $2,000). The car resides in my 3 1/2 car garage in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. It will also will live part of the year in my garage in my home in The Villages, Florida, USA. I drive it anytime there is no snow, ice, salt or rain in the forecast. I own four cars. I will be attending my first FK event at Joe Ferrante's business located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA on May 19, 2018. I am a member of the Fisker Buzz Forum and the Fisker Karma Owners & Fan Club. I am 70 years young and have owned a wealth management business for 30 years.

Any info, especially from owners of SE cars, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have researched Signature Edition Cars #1-100 for about a month or so on Fisker Buzz Forum, Fisker Karma Owners and Fan Club on Facebook, and researching Cars for sale on various internet sites. I am semi retired and spend an hour or two researching Fisker Karma's pretty much every day. I love my Fisker and the history of the Fiskers' is very interesting.

I now have cataloged on a spreadsheet info on 43 of the 100 cars. I would love to complete the spreadsheet to include info on all 100 cars. i am doing it as a hobby/fun project, since I own Signature Car #13 .

I have put together info on cars:
71,72,76,77,78(lost in home/garage fire),

For some of the cars, the only info that I have is from Autotrader.com listings.

Were any Signature Edition Cars lost in Hurricane Sandy, etc?

Any ideas on how to gather info on all of the Signature Edition cars?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Buzinvest, this sounds interesting to me. Thanks for taking time to do this. I have always wondered who bought the first 100. I put down my $5K deposit in January of 2009, the first Monday after the start of the unveiling at the Detroit auto show. Then came almost 5 years of waiting. I went to Detroit in 2009 to see the car in person and see the Sunset debut. I have collected everything Fisker since 2008 that I could get my hands on. It has been a fun trip. Still have my car. I have never had a car that kept me excited for 10 years.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
I have researched Signature Edition Cars #1-100 for about a month or so on Fisker Buzz Forum, Fisker Karma Owners and Fan Club on Facebook, and researching Cars for sale on various internet sites. I am semi retired and spend an hour or two researching Fisker Karma's pretty much every day. I love my Fisker and the history of the Fiskers' is very interesting.

I now have cataloged on a spreadsheet info on 43 of the 100 cars. I would love to complete the spreadsheet to include info on all 100 cars. i am doing it as a hobby/fun project, since I own Signature Car #13 .

I have put together info on cars:
71,72,76,77,78(lost in home/garage fire),

For some of the cars, the only info that I have is from Autotrader.com listings.

Were any Signature Edition Cars lost in Hurricane Sandy, etc?

Any ideas on how to gather info on all of the Signature Edition cars?
I own 77, as my personal car. It was in Sandy and had to have its battery, motors, coupler, engine and other things replaced. You should throw the spreadsheet up on a google doc so we all can edit it.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sigurd & Powersource:

Thanks for additional info on your Signature Edition Cars!

The more info everyone shares on the Signature Edition 1-100 cars the more interesting the spreadsheet becomes for everyone!

Hopefully many others will help get this awesome project completed. I am committed to it and will continue the project until completion.

I was able to find info on 43 of the 100 Signature Edition Cars over the last several months.

If others pitch in and help find info on the all of the 100 Signature Edition Cars, we could all have a completed spreadsheet document in another several months.

Does anyone know which Signature Edition cars were purchased by famous people and celebrities and where I might find that info?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Leo Dicaprio, Ashton Kutcher, and Colin Powell had one of the first 5 karmas I believe. Beiber had one, but don't think is was a signature. Carlos Santana had an Earth/Earth that he wrecked in Vegas and Phil Mickelson has/had and Earth/Earth, neither which are signatures though.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far on the Signature Edition(SE) Cars 1-100 spreadsheet I have:

DiCaprio owning (SE) Car #1 .

Colin Powell owning SE Car #3 and switching to SE Car#5 (presumably due to problems with his SE Car #3 .

Al Gore owning SE Car #5 .

Those are the only famous owners that I have SE Cars info for at this point.

Any one else have SE Car info for famous people (or for anyone else)?

Anyone know what Vin # Car the Prince of Monaco owned?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know why its so hard to find info on Signature Edition Cars #31-39 ?
I have only found info on Car #35 for that group in over 3 months of research.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Have you reached out to Karma Automotive? They have a lot of the production information (on an open discussion recently, I found out that my car color/interior was one of only 19 in that combo, for example). They should be able to provide a lot of background on the first 100, if it's such an interest for you.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shrowell:
Great Idea, thanks!

I will follow up on your reccomendation, especially since I have been in touch with Karma Automotive via emails and phone calls on other areas.

I love this forum and its members and the sharing of experience, ideas, etc.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know if the Petersen Auto Museum in LA, Calif. has a Fisker Karma Signature Edition Car in it and what number (1-100) it is?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After several calls and left messages, I finally talked to someone at the Petersen Auto Museum and they said the Karma is no longer on display and it s Vin number ends in 1344. So it is not a SigEd car.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Henrik Fisker/or his representative and I connected on #Fisker on Facebook and he no longer has any records on the Fisker Karma Signature Edition Cars. So reaching out to Karma Automotive as suggested in above post by shrowell will be my next step. - If anyone on this Fisker Buzz Forum has any info on Sig Ed Cars, it would be greatly appreciated as I try to complete a spreadsheet of info on all Sig Ed Cars 1-100.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I now have some info on 45 of the Sig Ed Cars #1-100 spreadsheet that I have been working on for a few months now.
I found two more Sig Ed Cars for sale on CarGurus,Inc website tonight. I hope to find some info on all 1-100 FK Signature Edition Cars.

I am doing it as a fun hobby type project since I own Sig Ed Car #13 . I am working on one more Sig Ed Car lead. Hopefully tomorrow /or soon , I will check in with Karma Automotive and see if they can help out with some info or ideas.

If anyone has any info on any FK Signature Edition Cars #1-100 , let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
I now have some info on 45 of the Sig Ed Cars #1-100 spreadsheet that I have been working on for a few months now.
I found two more Sig Ed Cars for sale on CarGurus,Inc website tonight. I hope to find some info on all 1-100 FK Signature Edition Cars.

I am doing it as a fun hobby type project since I own Sig Ed Car #13 . I am working on one more Sig Ed Car lead. Hopefully tomorrow /or soon , I will check in with Karma Automotive and see if they can help out with some info or ideas.

If anyone has any info on any FK Signature Edition Cars #1-100 , let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
Karma Automotive has the build books from valmet on all vehicles.

A gentleman by the name of Paul Houghton has those records (he works there)

If they tell you they do not have the records that would be a lie.. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome, THANKS!!!

P.S. I just read a post on an RDM repair and found some info on another Sig Ed Car, Car#80 tonight!! I now have some info on 46 Sig Ed Cars. I sent the owner a PM.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AWESOME! I now have info on 47 of the 100 Signature Edition Cars.
Thanks for your help. Exciting and much appreciated.

If anyone has any info on Fisker Karma Signature Edition Cars #1 thru 100, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sha:

Thanks for the lead to info on Sig Ed Car#47 below. The post you are referencing below is online at suchen.mobile.de is not in English so I can't understand 97% of it. Any idea how I could find this post written in English?

Sha previous post:
Here is number 47 for sale in Germany.
https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...a-b0f6b1657b8f
There is also a SE car at the former Fisker importer in Copenhagen. I have seen it but don't recall the number, it was a low VIN. Next time I cross their facility, I will get the number for you and some information on the car. No promise how soon.
Thanks_________________
- Sha, The Car Dude - Life is too short for ordinary cars...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Current cars:
Fisker Karma White Sand, BMW i8, BMW i3, Maserati Levante (For Sale), Maserati GranTurismo, Acura NSX-T 96 coming soon
Some previous cars:
Fisker Karma Shadow Diamond Dust, Honda NSX, Maserati Ghibli....

1 - 20 of 144 Posts