Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Alex Pop and I have worked for Fisker Automotive for a number of years until they closed doors. If everyone would like to check out my work history they could easily do it on my linked in page: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...ve_tab_profile . A few months back I decided to go on my own and open a BMW/Mini repair shop in Orange County. It has been brought to my attention by an Karma owner, that Fisker Karma owners are looking for a reliable repair shop for their vehicles. Please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns. you can easily get my contact information, address, etc. by visiting my website at elitemotorsoc.com .

Thank you,

Alex

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just had a good conversation with Alex regarding his experience and background with the Karma. He sounds like he is a very knowledgeable guy and a good resource for us Karma owners in OC. Its great to know we now have an additional local option for service!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alex I assume you must of worked with Travis as one point . What took you so long to join the forum owners in the OC have been looking for a repair solution for a while now . If you need any parts please feel free to contact me since I'm associated with a dealership I can obtain parts . Fisker only sells parts to authorized dealerships .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Adam,

If I'm not mistaking we have emailed a couple of times. Unfortunately I never made it to Miami but I have been a couple of times to Palm Beach. It seems like you guys were running a good show there and you didn't needed my help ;) hahaha
Well the reason why I didn't said anything till now was because I don't like to play fix cars, I like to fix them. And till now I didn't have a facility to do it properly. We all know without a hoist is a little hard to fix a Karma. But now things have changed and I have a few things I need. Also it had been brought to my attention by a Fisker owner that they are actually looking for a facility to fix their cars and not just a mobile mechanic and he suggested that I should let the Fisker owners know.
I have worked with Travis for a while, till I got moved to the engineering side.
Anyways, thank you so much for the parts offer. If I will need your help I will definitely let you know.

Have a great weekend,

Alex

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone is interested to see how a Karma battery looks please let me know. i tried to attach some pictures here but i have no idea how :). Just fixed a charging issue over the weekend.

·
EV Enthusiast
110 Posts
Click on the "quote" button and a new window will appear. Find the paper clip icon and click on it and then you can attach the pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Alex,

My name is Glenn and I am on the site for the first time. It is interesting and great that you started this service. I have been worried about how to service my vehicle if something went wrong. Where are you located?

I have a question regarding something that is wrong with my car.
Have you ever heard of this problem?

When my battery gets down to about 20-23 miles left and I turn off the stealth mode after a shot time I hear a load knocking or rattling sound. It sound like it is coming from behind the driver side dash board. When I turn to stealth mode it stops.
Any ideas??
Thanks
Glenn

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
When my battery gets down to about 20-23 miles left and I turn off the stealth mode after a shot time I hear a load knocking or rattling sound. It sound like it is coming from behind the driver side dash board. When I turn to stealth mode it stops.
Any ideas??
Thanks
Glenn
Allow me to be the first of many people who are going to tell you what is most likely causing this: The heat shield around the exhaust is rattling. It's extremely common and also extremely easy to fix.

For reference, see these threads:
http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/5362-no-more-raddle.html?highlight=raddle
http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/5273-raddle-coming-front-right-wheel.html
http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13...c-26-engine-noise-fix-all-cars-just-some.html
http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/1756-strange-sound-full-accelration.html

...and many more like it.

Brent

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems like loan LonePalmBJ has the answer ;) please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Alex

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The heat shield problem has been there since the day they installed them can you say over kill. The rattling got so bad we were instructed to remove the ones that cover the lower control arms plus with those removed the rattle was fixed and adjusting the front end while doing an alignment was a lot easier .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Guys,

This site is awesome. I just found out about it from Kattie in Cranberry Pa yesterday when she stopped to intro herself. Thanks Kattie!!

I am getting an inspection tuesday so hopefully they can get to the problem.
Thank you again!
Glenn

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
This site is awesome. I just found out about it from Kattie in Cranberry Pa yesterday when she stopped to intro herself. Thanks Kattie!!
Glenn
Glenn,

Welcome to FiskerBuzz! We're glad you're here.

If you haven't already done so, create a new thread in the Introductions forum and tell us about yourself and your Karma. What trim level do you have? What color? You should also post some pictures; we love looking at them and lot's of folks here will ask! You can get to the Introductions forum here: http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/18-introductions/

Please spend some time looking around, and take advantage of the Search function. There's over three years of Karma ownership history here and thousands upon thousands of posts. If you have a question or always wondered something about the Karma chances are it's been answered, discussed or dissected here!

Brent

·
Registered
13 Posts
anyone like you near Toronto, Canada?

Wanted to know if there's anyone qualified like yourself that you might know of to service Karma's close to Toronto, Canada? Apparently the service technician at the deal that used to handle any issue over the past two years is no longer there due to terminal illness (or something like that; bottom line is that he will no longer be there... and the dealer "Delwari Group" is no longer even accepting Fiskers for service of any kind).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wanted to know if there's anyone qualified like yourself that you might know of to service Karma's close to Toronto, Canada? Apparently the service technician at the deal that used to handle any issue over the past two years is no longer there due to terminal illness (or something like that; bottom line is that he will no longer be there... and the dealer "Delwari Group" is no longer even accepting Fiskers for service of any kind).
Are you referring to Nick or Shaun at Dixie VW? They provided some support to me originally and provided a "bay" for Travis to use when I brought him up to replace a faulty relay. This lack of support is a pain and I hope we soon hear from "The New Fisker"! I understand that there are around 28 owners in and around Toronto.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe the tech is Shaun and manager is Nick. The number of Fisker owners in Toronto sounds about right at 28, I know of 6 including myself and it's just frustrating to see a dealer totally ignore the client base..... We all love the Fisker, when it works it is a fantastic ride and we don'tond diving into the challenges when it doesn't work (which has been rare across the 6 of us). It would be nice to have a once or twice a year regular service offering where we can tune it up and a curtousy bay for those with emergency big fixes where we fly in a tech. I just don't understand how they could piss off a captive audience as we would be the first ones in line for next models of and when they come out. I can guarantee you one thing: when fisker gets back on track I will be sure not to give delwari group my business for the third time. I will go our of my way to buy from dealer in the US if who o know has supported their clients through the thick of things.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts