Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a couple of hybrid batteries for sale (if they are worth anything!) I make my (very modest) living buying and selling all types of things. Anyway, I picked up these batteries from auction here in San Diego, they came out of a storage unit from a local dealer. One of them definitely appears to have been mounted in a car so I will say it is definitely used, the other one is currently in the crate UNDER the first one, so I can't check it out until I unstack the crates. Chances are, it may be used too. In any case, there is no damage to the case (other than a few scratches) and no fluid or anything leaking out.

Are these batteries worth anything as a whole, or as parts? Or do I have to just scrap them? :huh: I have done Prius battery repair, so I know the individual cells in those batteries are replaceable. What about the Karma battery? Any info / advice / offers would be appreciated, as these crates are huge and I would like to move them out soon. Thanks. I am located in San Diego, CA.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a couple of hybrid batteries for sale (if they are worth anything!) I make my (very modest) living buying and selling all types of things. Anyway, I picked up these batteries from auction here in San Diego, they came out of a storage unit from a local dealer. One of them definitely appears to have been mounted in a car so I will say it is definitely used, the other one is currently in the crate UNDER the first one, so I can't check it out until I unstack the crates. Chances are, it may be used too. In any case, there is no damage to the case (other than a few scratches) and no fluid or anything leaking out.

Are these batteries worth anything as a whole, or as parts? Or do I have to just scrap them? :huh: I have done Prius battery repair, so I know the individual cells in those batteries are replaceable. What about the Karma battery? Any info / advice / offers would be appreciated, as these crates are huge and I would like to move them out soon. Thanks. I am located in San Diego, CA.
Hi. Can you post some pictures of the battery that is accessible, particularly the serial number(s) if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
We need serial numbers and I can tell you why they were replaced yes the batteries are worth something all depends why they were replaced . If they have multiple bad modules they aren't worth much . The batteries should of been returned to Fisker wonder how they ended up there .

The batteries would also need to be installed into a Karma and tested to really gauge what's wrong with them .Module failures was number one failures why they were replaced .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like Marvin K Brown, FORMER Fisker Dealer in San Diego, is unloading items from their shop. Did that sound as vile as it was to type? Just wishing for a CA place to take a Karma under the new warranty.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right you are, SD Karma. The story I heard was that this stuff was in storage and someone bought it, then sent what they didn't want to another auction, where I picked it up. Items included lots of used SAAB parts, and some old shop equipment. Serial numbers are:
0a09-1131-01a-404025-30303
0a09-1125-00b-404025-30303

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Right you are, SD Karma. The story I heard was that this stuff was in storage and someone bought it, then sent what they didn't want to another auction, where I picked it up. Items included lots of used SAAB parts, and some old shop equipment. Serial numbers are:
0a09-1131-01a-404025-30303
0a09-1125-00b-404025-30303
I'm looking for any Fisker tools if you find any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, no tools. Can anyone provide info on the batteries? If not, they go to the scrapyard on Friday.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can anyone provide info on the batteries? If not, they go to the scrapyard on Friday.
If they are in working order, albeit not good enough for a car due to lack of storage capacity or multiple dead cells, there may be people who use them as small-local stationary power storage (wind/solar). Of course, hopefully the scrapyard will know who might re-use them or modules/portions of them.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Sorry, no tools. Can anyone provide info on the batteries? If not, they go to the scrapyard on Friday.
If they are in working order, albeit not good enough for a car due to lack of storage capacity or multiple dead cells, there may be people who use them as small-local stationary power storage (wind/solar). Of course, hopefully the scrapyard will know who might re-use them or modules/portions of them.
I would think that the individual modules in the batteries that are still functioning would be valuable as replacements for bad modules in the cars that are on the road now. Even if just one or two units can be salvaged and re-used from each battery, the value would far exceed the scrap value of the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts