Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read this article at the Autoweek site and it says

"Fisker has taken some heat because of repeated increases in the base price of his car, which has soared from an estimated $80,000 when the car was announced in 2009 to $103,000, including shipping, in December. Fisker said he will honor whatever sticker price was in place when a car was ordered, regardless of when the car is delivered.

Does anyone know if this is true? I am supposed to pick up my car this week and ordered a couple of years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Link to article
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120124/CARNEWS/120129936
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
353 Posts
bryang123 said:
I just read this article at the Autoweek site and it says

"Fisker has taken some heat because of repeated increases in the base price of his car, which has soared from an estimated $80,000 when the car was announced in 2009 to $103,000, including shipping, in December. Fisker said he will honor whatever sticker price was in place when a car was ordered, regardless of when the car is delivered.

Does anyone know if this is true? I am supposed to pick up my car this week and ordered a couple of years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Link to article
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120124/CARNEWS/120129936
In my discussions with Fisker Silicon Valley they have told me that they will honor the original purchase price quoted at the time of my commitment, defined as making my deposit and committing to Trim and Exterior and Interior colors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
marswill said:
In my discussions with Fisker Silicon Valley they have told me that they will honor the original purchase price quoted at the time of my commitment, defined as making my deposit and committing to Trim and Exterior and Interior colors.
Since we could not make a color selection and order our individual cars before March 2010, this only means that the most recent $6K price increase does not apply to orders made before 2012. It does not mean that we get the original $88K price from when I put my original deposit in 2008.

-- Fab.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Fabulist said:
marswill said:
In my discussions with Fisker Silicon Valley they have told me that they will honor the original purchase price quoted at the time of my commitment, defined as making my deposit and committing to Trim and Exterior and Interior colors.
Since we could not make a color selection and order our individual cars before March 2010, this only means that the most recent $6K price increase does not apply to orders made before 2012. It does not mean that we get the original $88K price from when I put my original deposit in 2008.

-- Fab.
That's how I read it as well - otherwise Fisker owes me another $8K!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
That's how I read it as well - otherwise Fisker owes me another $8K!
For all the grief they have put us through, they owe us a lot more than that. At the moment, I would consider the delivery of a working car a reasonable down payment. :D

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Fabulist said:
SoCalGuy said:
That's how I read it as well - otherwise Fisker owes me another $8K!
For all the grief they have put us through, they owe us a lot more than that. At the moment, I would consider the delivery of a working car a reasonable down payment. :D

-- Fab.
Can someone please post the price history (price and date) for an EcoChic Fisker Karma in Silver Wind? Thanks.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top