Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hopefully this turns out well for current owners.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Let me know when a n auction date is set

The saga continues.

Based on my walk of the Geneva auto show last year, I'd say Fisker had three years on the competition. I'm still optimistic that the Phoniex will rise -- but that may just be because I am sitting in seat 7a in NYC headed for a connection through Phoniex.

My Karma is running nicely with 17k miles and little over 100 lifetime mpg. Yes, I had to pay for a battery relay fix out of my own pocket instead of warranty (thanks Travis for flying in), but this car is still less expensive to maintain than a certain sports car I had last decade - that one ran $12k over a 15,000 mile span.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome for fisker as a company, and fisker owners.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The saga continues.

Based on my walk of the Geneva auto show last year, I'd say Fisker had three years on the competition.
I don't know about three years, the Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid and Cadillac ELR are similar, both already out in production. Also, the BMW I8 is going to be deliver mid 2014.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know about three years, the Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid and Cadillac ELR are similar, both already out in production. Also, the BMW I8 is going to be deliver mid 2014.
Three year lead is one mans opinion.

I agree the Volt... err, I mean Cadillac ELR and bloated Jelly Bean... err I mean Panamera are also ahead of the industry. But, walking the floor (I posted pictures of every electric and hybrid available) I just didn't see much I wanted to own. I liked the BMW, but their range is disappointing.

Good looks, decent range, great handling, extended range to provide flexibility in longer trips, well, there just isn't much competition. There is some competition, but what would you trade your Karma for that is still sporty enviro-lux?

My dream is to have Fisker rise again, to support parts, and to have a 80mile battery range available in a few years that I can upgrade to, and keep mine going into the next decade... and if I really want to dream, an option to hit sports mode and get a 0-60 in under 4 seconds. That would make it a "keep forever" car for me.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I'm hearing rumors of a stealth Silicon Valley startup that has raised $$ to build an all electric 4 motor sports car (a la SLS/Rimac) on the Karma chassis. Anybody else heard anything?

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I'm hearing rumors of a stealth Silicon Valley startup that has raised $$ to build an all electric 4 motor sports car (a la SLS/Rimac) on the Karma chassis. Anybody else heard anything?
That would be interesting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Three year lead is one mans opinion.

I agree the Volt... err, I mean Cadillac ELR and bloated Jelly Bean... err I mean Panamera are also ahead of the industry. But, walking the floor (I posted pictures of every electric and hybrid available) I just didn't see much I wanted to own. I liked the BMW, but their range is disappointing.

Good looks, decent range, great handling, extended range to provide flexibility in longer trips, well, there just isn't much competition. There is some competition, but what would you trade your Karma for that is still sporty enviro-lux?

My dream is to have Fisker rise again, to support parts, and to have a 80mile battery range available in a few years that I can upgrade to, and keep mine going into the next decade... and if I really want to dream, an option to hit sports mode and get a 0-60 in under 4 seconds. That would make it a "keep forever" car for me.
The BMW still look like golf cart on steroid .. The panamera is a joke
Range 20 mile lucky if you get 15
According to people tested in Arizona
I don't think qualified to any tax rebate

On fisker I get 44 mile driving speed limit in town averaging 37mph

I don't think there is any competition other than the volt

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Guys, we need to do something as owners to express our sentiment.
Expressing our frustrations or future expectations here does not serve anyone I believe.
We need to have a voice in the Chapter 11 rulings.
It is happening in the states so you us owners organize yourselves.
The european owners will support your efforts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts