1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
VIN would be very helpful for history of vehicle

·
Registered
120 Posts
Unfortunately, it says "VIN numbers not posted per USMS contract".

It's at $22k right now, with 5 days to go. I'm keeping an eye on it; if it goes for over $40k then mine's getting listed next! lol

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts

It's at $22k right now, with 5 days to go. I'm keeping an eye on it; if it goes for over $40k then mine's getting listed next! lol
These cars can be good or bad... not cheap hobbies at all.

You need to be fully cognizant that there is no silver bullet for all cars. All are different, have different "personified" attitudes and require different solutions. Some cars react differently than others to certain updates and upgrades.

These are snowflakes after all. Each one has a different personality and reacts differently. YMMV... That is part of the allure. The anti-thesis of a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.

·
Registered
120 Posts
These cars can be good or bad... not cheap hobbies at all.

You need to be fully cognizant that there is no silver bullet for all cars. All are different, have different "personified" attitudes and require different solutions. Some cars react differently than others to certain updates and upgrades.

These are snowflakes after all. Each one has a different personality and reacts differently. YMMV... That is part of the allure. The anti-thesis of a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.
I'm only half joking... well, 65%. I love my Karma, but I've had it for a few years and it's starting to have more and more expensive bugs that are beyond my ability to fix. I love the look, I love that I turn heads, I looove the power... but with the CIU giving me attitude lately, and my girlfriend constantly complaining that she doesn't trust the car, that $60k Maserati is looking better every day.

·
1,172 Posts
I'm only half joking... well, 65%. I love my Karma, but I've had it for a few years and it's starting to have more and more expensive bugs that are beyond my ability to fix. I love the look, I love that I turn heads, I looove the power... but with the CIU giving me attitude lately, and my girlfriend constantly complaining that she doesn't trust the car, that $60k Maserati is looking better every day.
agree the 60k ghibli will likely provide you with better reliability vs a 5+ year old abandoned car. Something you should seriously look at IMO. The original 2012 Fisker Karma is something that may require deep "negative equity" pockets and a ton of patience. If I were you, 100 pct wouldn't throw any more money into the pit of this car and move on. It makes too much sense. Many have been screwed by getting into repairs that cost thousands to only end up with a marginal car upon re-sale.

Resale now seems pretty decent, if i were you would fix up your issues and move on as you never know when the next problem item may strike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry for disrupting the topic, but...

Yep, that's where my head is, too. I can't find a dealer that's willing to take my car on trade, though... it's not in KBB so they have no idea what it's worth, or if they can resell it.

There's a dealer a few hours away that specializes in rare and exotic cars that's willing to sell it on consignment, but then it might sit there for 6+ months, leaving me without a ride but still making a payment. So... I dunno. I'd rather it go to someone that knows the car, anyway.

Is there a place on here to list FS cars?

·
1,172 Posts
Sorry for disrupting the topic, but...

Yep, that's where my head is, too. I can't find a dealer that's willing to take my car on trade, though... it's not in KBB so they have no idea what it's worth, or if they can resell it.

There's a dealer a few hours away that specializes in rare and exotic cars that's willing to sell it on consignment, but then it might sit there for 6+ months, leaving me without a ride but still making a payment. So... I dunno. I'd rather it go to someone that knows the car, anyway.

Is there a place on here to list FS cars?
talk to fiskerphilly joe ferrante .. he will likely fix up the car and make it happen

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

USMS? As in US Marshalls Service? So this used to be a drug dealer's car?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just a thought... anybody wanna go in together and buy it for parts? If 10 of us pool our money we could get it for cheap and get what we want.

It's still at $22k, no bids today. If it goes less than $30k then 10 of us putting in $3k each wouldn't be terrible. We'd have to narrow it down better, of course, but still... anybody looking for parts can potentially save a ton of money.

Dibs on the CIU, visors, and the suede (?) front A-pillar covers...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts