Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with the usual blah blah, there was a nice piece by Top Speed:
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...uction-in-2015-under-a-new-name-ar163330.html

Some quotes:

"Brown expressed confidence that the Karma luxury hybrid will be relaunched in 2015 without the multitude of problems that plagued its previous incarnation and ultimately led to the company’s bankruptcy. In addition to the Karma, Wanxiang is also looking at jump-starting the development of two other cars - the Surf wagon and the entry-level Atlantic - in the future with an eye towards launching the former in 2016 and the latter in 2017.

"All this is tremendous news for people who actually had some good things to say about the Karma. That includes us . It’s just unfortunate the old regime didn’t have the right financial structure to address all the problems that came with developing its cars. None of us knew it at that time, but Fisker was a sinking ship and it was already too late to call for help.
But now that the brand is under new management and is owned by a Chinese company that apparently paid cash to buy Fisker, things are finally looking up for the once proud Fisker brand. It’s also comforting to know that, according to Brown, Wanxiang brought Fisker because it wants "to build a great car company."

"But the biggest difference, and the most important one, is that Wanxiang has money. Lots of it. And from the looks of it, the company is not afraid to spend to realize its vision of turning Fisker into that great car company.

"If done and sold right, the Fisker Karma had the potential to be a real game-changer for the auto industry. It was an electric car that had sports car looks. But we’re not going into revisionist history here because Fisker’s got some new life in it.

"Thanks to Wanxiang, the technology that made the Karma such an appealing vehicle as recently as two years ago hasn’t been lost. If the Chinese company can get Fisker up and running again with better organizational and financial structures, the sky really is the limit for Fisker, as we all hoped it would’ve been before."

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Fisker got a lot of undeserved attention during the 2012 elections, for all the wrong reasons. That's ancient history on the political timescale and everyone loves a comeback story, so they are in a good place right now. Let's hope they don't get caught in the gears of the next election.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Its great to see such positive press. FA attracted the money and spent it like NFL rookies with their first paycheck. I still remember the provocative videos that didn't seem to connect with the real reason behind buying the car. Having a lot of cash, as the new owner has is a good thing. But there is no guarantee they'll spend it on Fisker. Let's hope they do, took the family out tonight and we got tons of looks. Never gets old.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Let's hope they do, took the family out tonight and we got tons of looks. Never gets old.
Right on. My Karma is my daily driver, and it's still a rare day that I don't get asked about it. Yesterday a cop pulled up beside me at a stoplight and blipped his siren to get my attention so he could ask about the car. It's still fun after 15,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I remain pretty skeptical about the new regime. As one albeit anecdotal indication of the team's culture, another Karma owner and I separately sent emails to Brown and Ni and have thus far received no acknowledgement - this is a far cry from the access the better FA managers had with owners (LaSorda was a class act in this regard). If this is any indication of how receptive New Fisker will be to the current and prospective owners, then we are in for a sad sequel to the first episode of this electrifying series.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
For some reason, "the new Fisker" placed a contact us on the web site. It seems there is never a reply or acknowledgement. Very bad for anyone to ask, and not reply or acknowledge. Very bad "Karma" for the new company.

·
320 Posts
For some reason, "the new Fisker" placed a contact us on the web site. It seems there is never a reply or acknowledgement. Very bad for anyone to ask, and not reply or acknowledge. Very bad "Karma" for the new company.
I agree. Its irresponsible to put up a "nonfunctioning" contact us page. Yet, I don't believe there are any employees hired to even read them. The execs couldn't be bothered. I'm still optomistic and believe we'll get acknowledged by mid July as they begin to rebuild.

·
Registered
19 Posts
20K plus miles and still running strong but did have to buy a new set of tires, Oh have the spec' for wheel alignment and a place in southern cal that do a really good job, if any one needed contact me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts