Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I picked up a 2012 Fisker complete differential assembly & 1 motor. The differential is in great shape but the splines on the hub of the motor had stripped due to heavy torque!
The motor itself is fine!! We have checked out the center hub and it appears the hub unit is also removable in order to replace or repair splines.
If you could simply remove or fix the center section on the hub section, the motor would be ready to go!!
I am located in Clermont Florida & we are able to ship truck freight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Makes you wonder how they obtained these parts. Obviously they have no idea the Karma came out as a 2012 . If I had to guess they went dumpster diving at either Tampa or Orlando .

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
everything from those cars never made it out of New Jersey . Plus those cars were brand new so i don't think they would of had spun splines . regardless i would stay far away from them .

·
Registered
996 Posts
everything from those cars never made it out of New Jersey . Plus those cars were brand new so i don't think they would of had spun splines . regardless i would stay far away from them .
From the pictures you can see that there is corrosion on portions of the differential (TM A Harness connectors etc) that would only get that way if it were subjected to salt water. Also the number on the diff says 1361 which most of the time is indicative of the VIN of the vehicle this RDM came off of. 1361 is a known Sandy loss car, so it is possible the RDM was somehow removed and placed in service then spun out and now is being sold. Or it is also possible that one of the TM's shorted out when it was flooded and that is why they are only selling a single TM with the Diff. Of course this is all speculation but if the markings on the Diff are correct this probably came from a Sandy car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts