Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd rather see them buy a physical factory than building one from scratch - this car or any car from pencil to road is years away - I see no way they can even get close to a launch next year with nothing in place but a banquet.

I hope I'm wrong....

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'd rather see them buy a physical factory than building one from scratch - this car or any car from pencil to road is years away - I see no way they can even get close to a launch next year with nothing in place but a banquet.

I hope I'm wrong....
The updated Karma is not a completely new car. You don't think they can set up manufacturing of the original car with updates by next year? They don't want to change the design too much anyways or it would require re-certification.

My understanding is they've been working since the bankruptcy to re-launch, it's just taken time to ramp up. Plus, there are 200 people employed by the New Fisker and another 150 will be staffed at the factory. So they're not exactly starting from scratch.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
From,what I understood they will be using an existing building . The equipment needs to be bought over from Finland still but I understand it's ready to be shipped . Once again time will tell .

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As mentioned by @WATTGAS the clock started awhile back on production changes. The supply chain is being reestablished and the assembly line is mostly intact heading over on ship. I'd say by end 2016 not unrealistic.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Not sure exactly what dinner invitation you're asking about, but ... About a dozen of us owners had a fantastic dinner with the new company execs in Scottsdale back in May. Are you registered with WWW.THENEWFISKER.COM ?

That's how you'll best be communicated with.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Did not geht an invitation either.... Has the event been announced on their forum?

·
Registered
192 Posts
What's all this banquet nonsense? The original invitation only speaks of a 'Meet & Greet', at an address with "wine" in its title. Original invitation follows:

Dear Fisker Karma Owner,

Frank Kent Motor Company and Fisker Automotive and Technology Group invite you and a guest to an exclusive Karma owner “meet & greet” event.

DATE: Tuesday, September 1, 2015

TIME: 5:30 – 8:30 pm

1101 West Magnolia
Ft. Worth, TX 76104

We are excited to share updates about the company with you, and key members of our executive staff are very interested to hear about your experience with your Karma and your thoughts about the product.

Please confirm your attendance to Judy Hoste (jho[email protected]) by August 24.

We look forward to seeing you there!

All the best,

Joost de Vries Will Churchill
FKMotorCoLogoSignature

Fisker Automotive and Technology Group
Customer Experience

1 - 15 of 15 Posts