Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank everyone for their support over the years. Thank you for respectfully welcoming new members and creating what I know is one of the finest forum communities on the internet.

Fisker Buzz is now part of the AutoGuide.com family of websites. While this was a very difficult decision to make, I am confident that their staff and superior web server infrastructure are capable of taking Fisker Buzz to the next level.

I want to especially thank our moderator Fabulist for helping shape Fisker Buzz into the mature and informative community that it is today. I would also like to extend thanks to our many other friends and supporters such as David Harris at Fisker Automotive.

Thanks are also in order to the following vendors for helping make our progress this far possible:

- Fisker of Detroit
- Fisker of Orlando
- CHARGED EVs Magazine

I would also like to introduce Marco from AutoGuide, who will be joining the staff here as an Administrator.

I will still be available through email and PM for any questions. Thank you again for making Fisker Buzz the best community and technical resource for Fisker owners and enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
THANK YOU Wimbledon! Fisker Buzz has been an invaluable resource for me. All the best in your future endeavors

·
Administrator
100 Posts
Hey Guys!

My name is Marco. I am an community manager for Autoguide.com. I will be joining the current staff here on fiskerbuzz.com as the Administrator.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you got any questions, ideas, suggestion, etc. regarding fiskerbuzz.com

I look forward in helping manage fiskerbuzz.com and keep the community growing!

Thank you

Marco

·
Registered
854 Posts
So does this change mean anything functionally for FiskerBuzz (e.g., more advertising, better forum software, etc.)?

·
Administrator
100 Posts
doug said:
So does this change mean anything functionally for FiskerBuzz (e.g., more advertising, better forum software, etc.)?
Well we don't necessarily change a whole lot on our sites unless or otherwise required. We like to keep everything the way they are since they have worked successfully from the past. If an issue do come across in the software or anything technical related, then for sure we will be able to have it updated rather quickly.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Today marks a strange anniversary of sorts: It's been a full year since any new content, news or information was posted to the front page of FiskerBuzz.com.

Sure, the forums have been continuously active but for casual surfers who land on the main FiskerBuzz page and don't know to look in the forums it will seem as if this site is no longer active or that there's been no noteworthy news at Fisker in the last 12 months. Of course we know that both of those things are far from the truth.

I suppose that's just a reminder of what a great job Wimbledon did when he started up our community.

Brent

AGAdmin - Would it be possible at least to fix the "Latest Forum Topics" widget on the front page? That way people can at least see that there is a lot of ongoing activity in the forums. Right now it doesn't show any activity and clicking on the link leads nowhere.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think they are making a lot of money by removing tapatalk support in exchange of their own free add spam App version....
So they at least got me, to spend some € for the add free version of the Autoguide App

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all, I apologize for problems with the "Latest Forum Topics" widget. I will have AutoGuide's technical team address that asap.

I am also having them re-focus on the site and start adding content to our homepage.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Hi all, I apologize for problems with the "Latest Forum Topics" widget. I will have AutoGuide's technical team address that asap.

I am also having them re-focus on the site and start adding content to our homepage.
WooHoo!

If the homepage said nothing more than "Lots of stuff going on in the forums - go see!" and archived off the stale "News" we would be a lot better off.

The Latest Topics widget would be a nice fix too.

We miss your ownership around here Wimbledon!

Brent

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think they are making a lot of money by removing tapatalk support in exchange of their own free add spam App version....
So they at least got me, to spend some € for the add free version of the Autoguide App
The also make money by sending you email to drive traffic to their other properties.

Btw, Latest Forum Topics doesn't work because it uses RSS instead of say accessing the database. But AutoGuide disabled the forum RSS when they took over.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

Thanks. While you are at it, please ask the technical team to look into the problem discussed in this thread as well. It is affecting folks who read the forum on Safari running on IPADs.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Wimbledon you rock!

Not only is the Latest Forum Topics widget once again working, but there's actually a new article with a byline of this year! (Today, actually :) )

Thanks for stepping up and taking care of that. I sincerely think that a lot of people who stopped by the site kept on moving because it appeared to be dormant.

Brent

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LonePalmBJ, thank you for your support!

A technician from AutoGuide is investigating the iPad/Safari issue mentioned by Fabulist, so the problem should be resolved soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts