Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top Gear: Project Ronin is Fisker’s new four-door electric convertible
Electrek | Fisker announces new electric GT with ‘longest range of any production EV’

Ronin is essentially an extended, world-class car chase scene with some hokum about special ops personnel and a briefcase tacked on to qualify it as a film. A fine place to start then, for Henrik Fisker’s new product.
Indeed, Fisker wants Project Ronin to offer the longest range of a production electric car when it arrives, with a projected range of 660 miles (WLTP). Fast, too, with 0-60mph ‘close to two seconds’, via an all-wheel-drive setup featuring three electric motors.
“There is no other four-door production convertible in the market,” Fisker told TopGear.com. “It’s a big challenge to create a four-door convertible as it needs a unique, innovative strong lower rocker structure to compensate for the lack of a B-pillar, to be able to sustain side impact.”
CEO Henrik Fisker said that they will aim to achieve the ‘longest range for a production EV”:
The aim is to achieve the world’s longest range for a production EV, combined with extremely high levels of performance. Project Ronin will be a showcase for our internal engineering, powertrain, and software capabilities.
Fisker is aiming Project Ronin at luxury combustion-engined cabrios, and he reckons on capturing a large part of the segment “above $150k”.

·
Early Adopter
1,263 Posts
the thing that surprises me about most is the sunset was the better car to build rather then the karma. then he gets it right with the emotion on the 4dr and then seems to drop the emotion for this ronin and says it will be a 4dr ? what the heck!

I don't get it. really the Karma should of been a coupe never a 4dr. I bought one because i knew i would never see the sunset - at least he names his cars well, get it, never see the sunset with fisker ;-)

·
Super Moderator
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts