Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
matrix said:
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
It's NLPC spin. They're the Rush Limbaugh of think-tanks. The news (which may or may not be accurate) is a bit like saying that whenever any Best Buy store is being sued, your computer (that you bought from some other Best Buy) is evil. They say that a company that sold Fisker equity to private is being investigated; they imply (without saying) that it's because of the sale of specific Fisker securities (which may or may not also be true); and they imply that therefore Fisker themselves are "dirty".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
matrix said:
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
It's NPLC spin. They're the Rush Limbaugh of think-tanks. The news (which may or may not be accurate) is a bit like saying that whenever any Best Buy store is being sued, your computer (that you bought from some other Best Buy) is evil. They say that a company that sold Fisker equity to private is being investigated; they <i>imply</i> (without saying) that it's because of the sale of specific Fisker securities (which may or may not also be true); and they imply that therefore Fisker themselves are "dirty".
I'm amazed at how many want to see Fisker fail. Unbelievable! Especially at a time when we need more mfr's and innovators in the U.S. Everything becomes political... it's sad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
matrix said:
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
Just a disgruntled investor that could not or would no meet his prior cap call. Doubt he'll have any recource. Regarding AEI... They'll have more difficulty raising funds do to the recent CR media blip vs. any Wells Notice etc...
Next 30 - 60 days will be interesting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
matrix said:
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
I responded to the article that taxpayers also bailed out GM for tens of thousands of Cadillacs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
It is sad that the EV market has become a political punching bag. The Volt has become the most recent kickball of the GOP as it is being called the Obamamobile. Not a phase I would use. Nothing like killing jobs that we need right now.

-jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
Good god don't even get me started on this one....no wonder this country is in grid lock ....and with November fast approaching I see no cure all.
I am so grateful there are innovators like Fisker, Tesla and others out there willing to take the chance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
matrix said:
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
I spoke with AEI's representative about this today at the Fisker event. The Wells Notice from the SEC is not related to their fundraising for Fisker. I can't really go into any further detail about it, but the press is, as usual, getting it wrong and this has nothing to do with the fundraising activity for Fisker. We now return you to the previously scheduled EV-bashing by the media, already in progress.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
plugitin,
So are you thinking that this guy promised say $300,000 in funding, coughed up $210,000 upfront, and then they put out a capital call for the rest?

Sounds logical. I looked into the SEC requirements to be able to buy private stocka long time ago, primarily what it takes to be a sophisticated investor, which is really a misnomer. If you have enough money to waste without it affecting your livelihood you can qualify. So a rich fool can quickly be separated from his money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
Yes, the "private placement" pool is full of sharks. :D

In any case, assuming Fab has the facts, the link in the start of the thread is full of bunk (as I expected given the source...).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
kabalah70 said:
plugitin,
So are you thinking that this guy promised say $300,000 in funding, coughed up $210,000 upfront, and then they put out a capital call for the rest?

Sounds logical. I looked into the SEC requirements to be able to buy private stocka long time ago, primarily what it takes to be a sophisticated investor, which is really a misnomer. If you have enough money to waste without it affecting your livelihood you can qualify. So a rich fool can quickly be separated from his money.
They probably did not read all the material that comes with the prospectus. I don't know about this particular case, but in general, private investors in earlier rounds can choose to invest in later rounds or just allow their investment to be diluted when the company sells more stock later on. Nothing particularly unusual about any of this, as far as I can tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
kabalah70 said:
plugitin,
So are you thinking that this guy promised say $300,000 in funding, coughed up $210,000 upfront, and then they put out a capital call for the rest?

Sounds logical. I looked into the SEC requirements to be able to buy private stocka long time ago, primarily what it takes to be a sophisticated investor, which is really a misnomer. If you have enough money to waste without it affecting your livelihood you can qualify. So a rich fool can quickly be separated from his money.
The guy probably put in $210,000.00 between Series A1 and B1. The valuations we're attractive then. On the D1 raise, Fisker/AEI had a pay to play. Translated - if you did not put in 40% of what you had already invested, they we're going to convert you from preferred shares to common and dilute you in half. He was pissed and could not or would not do it. Most investors did make that call. If the Fisker is bought that particular investor won't see a penny. Of course if Fisker goes belly up - none of the investors will.
Personally - I think the company will pump out 4500 Karma's and get most of the software problems fixed this year. They'll get funding via an international bank and start paying back the DoE.

If they can get 90% of the Software bugs fixed, and cut build cost on the Nina by 5k to 10k on the Nina, then company is going to experience a rocket ride.

Fisker will either be bought in 2013 or will be a pubic company. It would trade 20% behind Tesla valuations IMO.

Make no mistake about it. The world will witness Fisker owners getting 65 MPG to 95 MPG. You get the software glitches under control and the company will sell 5k Karma's in 2013 and take orders on 15k Nina's.

This company will be a success despite what the negative media vomits today.

FYI... I'm at 1700+ miles on mine and getting 82 MPG AVE. I have faith that 6.15 will improve my short term software problems as of late.[hr]
kabalah70 said:
Which is exactly what happened to QTWW's ownership.
They were diluted to less than 1% in the D-X conversion before the A-1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
plugitin said:
kabalah70 said:
plugitin,
So are you thinking that this guy promised say $300,000 in funding, coughed up $210,000 upfront, and then they put out a capital call for the rest?

Sounds logical. I looked into the SEC requirements to be able to buy private stocka long time ago, primarily what it takes to be a sophisticated investor, which is really a misnomer. If you have enough money to waste without it affecting your livelihood you can qualify. So a rich fool can quickly be separated from his money.
The guy probably put in $210,000.00 between Series A1 and B1. The valuations we're attractive then. On the D1 raise, Fisker/AEI had a pay to play. Translated - if you did not put in 40% of what you had already invested, they we're going to convert you from preferred shares to common and dilute you in half. He was pissed and could not or would not do it. Most investors did make that call. If the Fisker is bought that particular investor won't see a penny. Of course if Fisker goes belly up - none of the investors will.
Personally - I think the company will pump out 4500 Karma's and get most of the software problems fixed this year. They'll get funding via an international bank and start paying back the DoE.

If they can get 90% of the Software bugs fixed, and cut build cost on the Nina by 5k to 10k on the Nina, then company is going to experience a rocket ride.

Fisker will either be bought in 2013 or will be a pubic company. It would trade 20% behind Tesla valuations IMO.

Make no mistake about it. The world will witness Fisker owners getting 65 MPG to 95 MPG. You get the software glitches under control and the company will sell 5k Karma's in 2013 and take orders on 15k Nina's.

This company will be a success despite what the negative media vomits today.

FYI... I'm at 1700+ miles on mine and getting 82 MPG AVE. I have faith that 6.15 will improve my short term software problems as of late.[hr]
kabalah70 said:
Which is exactly what happened to QTWW's ownership.
They were diluted to less than 1% in the D-X conversion before the A-1
A123 did not participate in the D1 round, they wrote down their Fisker investment to reflect the conversion from preferred to common, they did not complain. It is in their 10K. Not sure if this guy has a case.

I sure hope the 6.15 will address most thing and the Karma can let loose and sell freely. We haven't really seen the demand from Europe and China yet. It should be interesting to see the next few weeks for the software release. Not rushing it, make sure it is ready first.

As far as Nina is concerned, why not shelve the Delaware for now, build the Nina in Valmet for now, to eliminate the Delaware plant upfront cost. At the appropriate time, then turn on Delaware.
Oh, another option is Magna in Canada :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Sparky168 said:
plugitin said:
kabalah70 said:
plugitin,
So are you thinking that this guy promised say $300,000 in funding, coughed up $210,000 upfront, and then they put out a capital call for the rest?

Sounds logical. I looked into the SEC requirements to be able to buy private stocka long time ago, primarily what it takes to be a sophisticated investor, which is really a misnomer. If you have enough money to waste without it affecting your livelihood you can qualify. So a rich fool can quickly be separated from his money.
The guy probably put in $210,000.00 between Series A1 and B1. The valuations we're attractive then. On the D1 raise, Fisker/AEI had a pay to play. Translated - if you did not put in 40% of what you had already invested, they we're going to convert you from preferred shares to common and dilute you in half. He was pissed and could not or would not do it. Most investors did make that call. If the Fisker is bought that particular investor won't see a penny. Of course if Fisker goes belly up - none of the investors will.
Personally - I think the company will pump out 4500 Karma's and get most of the software problems fixed this year. They'll get funding via an international bank and start paying back the DoE.

If they can get 90% of the Software bugs fixed, and cut build cost on the Nina by 5k to 10k on the Nina, then company is going to experience a rocket ride.

Fisker will either be bought in 2013 or will be a pubic company. It would trade 20% behind Tesla valuations IMO.

Make no mistake about it. The world will witness Fisker owners getting 65 MPG to 95 MPG. You get the software glitches under control and the company will sell 5k Karma's in 2013 and take orders on 15k Nina's.

This company will be a success despite what the negative media vomits today.

FYI... I'm at 1700+ miles on mine and getting 82 MPG AVE. I have faith that 6.15 will improve my short term software problems as of late.[hr]
kabalah70 said:
Which is exactly what happened to QTWW's ownership.
They were diluted to less than 1% in the D-X conversion before the A-1
A123 did not participate in the D1 round, they wrote down their Fisker investment to reflect the conversion from preferred to common, they did not complain. It is in their 10K. Not sure if this guy has a case.

I sure hope the 6.15 will address most thing and the Karma can let loose and sell freely. We haven't really seen the demand from Europe and China yet. It should be interesting to see the next few weeks for the software release. Not rushing it, make sure it is ready first.

As far as Nina is concerned, why not shelve the Delaware for now, build the Nina in Valmet for now, to eliminate the Delaware plant upfront cost. At the appropriate time, then turn on Delaware.
Oh, another option is Magna in Canada :)
Heck. If it we're my company, I'd consider selling the plant in DE. Best case we split it with BMW if we can reach volumes of 50k or more. That will be 2016 at best

Better yet...Just sell it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
I admit I have not looked this up but doesn't Valmet's facility top out at around 50k vehicles per year and a big chunk of that is already dedicated to others?

(The Del plant is huge, it used to put out something like 200k vehicles/yr, as I recall.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I as well spoke to the AEI representative and indeed the report is incorrect. The so called Wells notice has NOTHING to do with Fisker Automotive.
Just another example of the kind of "quality" reporting we are exposed to every day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fabulist said:
matrix said:
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
I spoke with AEI's representative about this today at the Fisker event. The Wells Notice from the SEC is not related to their fundraising for Fisker. I can't really go into any further detail about it, but the press is, as usual, getting it wrong and this has nothing to do with the fundraising activity for Fisker. We now return you to the previously scheduled EV-bashing by the media, already in progress.
Thanks for getting the facts, and clearing this up Fab. Maybe Fisker's bad press will settle down after Nov. :-/
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
matrix said:
Fabulist said:
matrix said:
Just when I start feeling better about the stability of Fisker, I read this. Anyone know if this is true, and how it could affect the private funding Fisker already raised?
I spoke with AEI's representative about this today at the Fisker event. The Wells Notice from the SEC is not related to their fundraising for Fisker. I can't really go into any further detail about it, but the press is, as usual, getting it wrong and this has nothing to do with the fundraising activity for Fisker. We now return you to the previously scheduled EV-bashing by the media, already in progress.
Thanks for getting the facts, and clearing this up Fab. Maybe Fisker's bad press will settle down after Nov. :-/
Sadly, in today's world, a blogger, with an agenda and a send button, is thought of as legitimate press.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
Here is a more detailed article on the Wells Notice delivered to AEI. It seems to come down to: one number ($150 million) matches another number (also $150 million) that have similar dates; and the second number is attached to an AEI internal fund named "GreenTech Investments", one offering of which was comprised of stock in Fisker, Serious, and Bloom Energy.

Even if you read this with a sufficiently jaundiced eye, it comes down to "the SEC is poking around at AEI to see if delicious candy falls out of the piñata", not "the SEC is poking around at Fisker" (nor "at Serious" nor "at Bloom Energy", for that matter).
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top