Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search & didn't find a definitive answer. But I have the supplied 110 charger, if I were going to use an extension cord what gauge extension cord would work just fine? Thx in advance

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Fisker never recommended using any extension cords or using a GFI outlet . Most of the ones Ive seen people used melted overheated the plug ends . I would say at least a 12/3 or better yet a 10/3

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
It will work as long as you use a really good cord not one of those $10.00 ones . It just never recommended since people would use the proper extension cord .

·
Registered
483 Posts
for what its worth, I've been guilty of using the cheapy 25ft orange extension cables without issue whenever i brought a karma home from work; but you really shouldn't since you're adding a lot of resistance which can cause the unit to get hot and melt the plug (grid side).

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I carry a construction grade 15A extension cord that I have used on a couple of occasions without a problem. I also have a 40A J1772 extension cord that I use all the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What gauge wire are you using? I'm thinking about getting an extension cord reel for my garage so I will never have an issue on plugging it in

·
Registered
479 Posts
for what its worth, I've been guilty of using the cheapy 25ft orange extension cables without issue whenever i brought a karma home from work; but you really shouldn't since you're adding a lot of resistance which can cause the unit to get hot and melt the plug (grid side).
Me too...and it takes FOR-EVER to charge this way. Find a better answer pronto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.