Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both are in the works and will be resolved.

....Trust me.

The technology advances toward this brand are unbelievable.

Soon to be shipped in Europe in volume. Soon spreading to Middle East and Asia.

It's going to happen fella's! Be glad you received your car or soon will. In time the global demand will push the Karma to all corners of the earth. Demand will outstrip supply. It will become an Icon of the Automobile industry. Later Fisker will wake the world with the Project Nina line and the rest is history.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

plugitin said:
It's going to happen fella's! Be glad you received your car or soon will. In time the global demand will push the Karma to all corners of the earth. Demand will outstrip supply. It will become an Icon of the Automobile industry. Later Fisker will wake the world with the Project Nina line and the rest is history.
After Fisker wakes up the world, you woke up, too :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

Karma 2012 said:
plugitin said:
It's going to happen fella's! Be glad you received your car or soon will. In time the global demand will push the Karma to all corners of the earth. Demand will outstrip supply. It will become an Icon of the Automobile industry. Later Fisker will wake the world with the Project Nina line and the rest is history.
After Fisker wakes up the world, you woke up, too :D
You lost me Karma12.... Please elaborate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

Plugitin,

Sorry about that. I am just loosing faith in Fisker Karma based on the way they dealt with all the command center problems. I do want them to do well, but I am not holding my breath. I learned to keep my expectation very low at this time. This helps me to be like Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

Karma 2012 said:
Plugitin,

Sorry about that. I am just loosing faith in Fisker Karma based on the way they dealt with all the command center problems. I do want them to do well, but I am not holding my breath. I learned to keep my expectation very low at this time. This helps me to be like Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

I believe you'll find yourself reinvgorated here shortly. Hang in there buddy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

plugitin,

You seem to be very optimistic, which is great. Is there something you can share with us to boost our optimism or is it just your nature?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

ejo3rd said:
plugitin,

You seem to be very optimistic, which is great. Is there something you can share with us to boost our optimism or is it just your nature?
I can assure you, It's not my nature. I just deal with a number of big banks and Venture firms around the globe. Lot of insight.

My short term concern or priority is to get the Karma/Software - Stabilized. This must happen within the next few released IMO.

You have the some of the best in the business working on financing. I'm not worried here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

ejo3rd said:
plugitin,

You seem to be very optimistic, which is great. Is there something you can share with us to boost our optimism or is it just your nature?
I have to say I'm seeing a lot of pessimism on this forum and not much optimism.

There was pessimism that Fisker wouldn't make it when the company was launched 4 years ago, and they made it. There was pessimism that they wouldn't complete the car and they did. There was pessimism they wouldn't be able to produce it in significant numbers and they are doing right that.

And now there is pessimism that they can't fix the electronic issues troubling the cars that have already been delivered, even though they are working hard on fixing them and seem to be making progress. Why not believe that they can solve them? There is pessimism the company won't survive because the Nina-program has been put on hold because they are renegotiating the loan-conditions, even though the Karma is fully funded. Why not believe that they can live on the Karma for now, that they can re-negotiate, that they can find more private funds, that they can go public...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

Dutch said:
ejo3rd said:
plugitin,

You seem to be very optimistic, which is great. Is there something you can share with us to boost our optimism or is it just your nature?
I have to say I'm seeing a lot of pessimism on this forum and not much optimism.

There was pessimism that Fisker wouldn't make it when the company was launched 4 years ago, and they made it. There was pessimism that they wouldn't complete the car and they did. There was pessimism they wouldn't be able to produce it in significant numbers and they are doing right that.

And now there is pessimism that they can't fix the electronic issues troubling the cars that have already been delivered, even though they are working hard on fixing them and seem to be making progress. Why not believe that they can solve them? There is pessimism the company won't survive because the Nina-program has been put on hold because they are renegotiating the loan-conditions, even though the Karma is fully funded. Why not believe that they can live on the Karma for now, that they can re-negotiate, that they can find more private funds, that they can go public...
There is not enough celebration of an American success. A little bit of setback or roadblock, non-doers come out in full force trashing and FUDding. Where has the American innovation and risk taking gone to? Is America going to take a back seat to the emerging countries?

I am looking at the Fisker Karma, they go from zero to a car in four years. That is mighty impressive. But some said they are two years too late. So late they should not be in business? Fisker has probably over promised. Better late than never. Look at the car, how nicely it drives, almost no trip to gas station for some, drives clean and it is stunning.

Karma is very much like a computer. It is not an ICE car, put in your key, turn and go. It need to do a complete boot up first. Impatient driver pressing multiple function before it boots up will confuse the computer. Should it happen that way? Probably not. Fisker delivered a working car, the fine tuning will be done...beauty of software. A lot of high-tech companies will ship their hardware to the field, deploy, gain field experience and improve. You all have got a great car. What is stopped is Nina which has nothing to do with Karma. Wouldn't you do the same thing if the business plan involving DOE changed? Take a breather and reevaluate.

Fisker designs too beautiful a car to go out of business. If you have the right product, you have no problem with demand. I have every confidence that Fisker will survive and flourish.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

I agree with Sparky,

I have only had two glitchy rides and both were because I rushed the car.
Normally, I do not rush it.
I unlock it, open the door, and let it get fully AWAKE (dash fuel and electricity gages fully up) before I press the Start/Stop without the brake to bring it into ACC mode. Then I again wait for about a minute to try to press Accept on the Command Center for the first time. Once the Command Center is fully booted, then I plug in a USB stick, if I want, and then I remove the parking brake, press Drive, and carry on. Never had a glitch when I did it slow and steady like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I don't buy the "baby the car and it'll be alright" attitude. I lost my dashboard speedo *while I was driving*, I think just because I tapped the thermostat temp a couple of times. Sorry, but I don't think that is acceptable, I don't want the critical systems (I've also lost my signal indicators before too) to go just because some benign thing happens while I'm driving. I love driving the car but will be PISSED if I receive a phone call over BT or decide to turn on the heated seats at just the wrong time and something bad happens. And nobody can refute that this couldn't happen, given the issues we've seen.

I think the reason so many current owners are pessimistic is a feeling of betrayal that now that we have put our money down and our lives are on the line (literally), Fisker refuses to communicate. "Call our support desk" is not sufficient. Nobody knows WHAT the next SW release is actually intended to address (or really what the last one was supposed to fix), or if the very real issues the owners are reporting are being prioritized appropriately. I can live with a slow Agree button, but can't live without a working speedo, indicator lights and consistent acceleration.

Love the styling and handling, hate the SW reliability and communications from Fisker.

Btw., no call from Henrik for me yet, and I'm a SE owner.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

I agree that there is a safety issue. If the car is going to lose critical gages (speedometer) because of booting up too quickly, the car simply should not let you boot up too quickly. That being said, I have never had the car working fine and glitches appear later during the same drive, and I have never had a glitched drive that further glitches appeared that were not there from the beginning of the drive, so for me, it had never happened. I am not discounting the fact that is has for you. But considering that I have only had two glitched rides out of a dozen because of an 'raced' boot and never when I followed my outlined steps, I will continue to follow my steps and hopefully never experience a glitched ride again, except in the case of an actual emergency causing a 'raced' boot, but hopefully, by the time that might happen this will all be a thing of the past.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

kabalah70 said:
I agree with Sparky,

I have only had two glitchy rides and both were because I rushed the car.
Normally, I do not rush it.
I unlock it, open the door, and let it get fully AWAKE (dash fuel and electricity gages fully up) before I press the Start/Stop without the brake to bring it into ACC mode. Then I again wait for about a minute to try to press Accept on the Command Center for the first time. Once the Command Center is fully booted, then I plug in a USB stick, if I want, and then I remove the parking brake, press Drive, and carry on. Never had a glitch when I did it slow and steady like this.
@Kab, your pre-flight checklist training is serving you well! :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
378 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

I follow Kab's procedure and don't have any issues. I don't use the USB for anything. Patience seems to be the best policy. Software will improve over time. Anyone notice that once you get the agree button to work (20-30 seconds until it seems to work) the radio and other command systems work pretty quickly? Its as if the command center goes through a startup procedure, wakes up, then works great. I typically drive away then hit the agree. Not that its the right thing to do, but it seems to work after awhile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

Sparky168 said:
Karma is very much like a computer. It is not an ICE car, put in your key, turn and go. It need to do a complete boot up first. Impatient driver pressing multiple function before it boots up will confuse the computer. Should it happen that way? Probably not. Fisker delivered a working car, the fine tuning will be done...beauty of software. ...
Full boots are slow on modern computers, in part because nobody dares rewrite all the boot code. We (I say "we" but it was a different sub-group) had a project where we had to have the computer boot in 3 or 4 seconds. The BIOS itself took at least 6 seconds to bootstrap, giving us about negative two seconds to get our software up and running. :dodgy: The solution was to keep a pre-booted image (in battery-backed CMOS RAM I think) and copy it out for "normal" aka "warm" startup (with an alternative "full boot" path for "cold" restart). That's the ugly of software. :D

Seriously, this happens every time and yet somehow it's always a surprise: hardware is soft and software is hard.

It does get fixed though. It just takes a lot of time and testing. The most valuable thing in addressing a problem is a reliable "reproducer": if you can get the software to hang/crash consistently, you can be pretty sure you've fixed it when you've identified a cause, fixed that, and the reproducer stops reproducing the problem. If it's intermittent it's much harder to fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

ct-fiskerbuzz said:
Sparky168 said:
Karma is very much like a computer. It is not an ICE car, put in your key, turn and go. It need to do a complete boot up first. Impatient driver pressing multiple function before it boots up will confuse the computer. Should it happen that way? Probably not. Fisker delivered a working car, the fine tuning will be done...beauty of software. ...
Full boots are slow on modern computers, in part because nobody dares rewrite all the boot code. We (I say "we" but it was a different sub-group) had a project where we had to have the computer boot in 3 or 4 seconds. The BIOS itself took at least 6 seconds to bootstrap, giving us about negative two seconds to get our software up and running. :dodgy: The solution was to keep a pre-booted image (in battery-backed CMOS RAM I think) and copy it out for "normal" aka "warm" startup (with an alternative "full boot" path for "cold" restart). That's the ugly of software. :D

Seriously, this happens every time and yet somehow it's always a surprise: hardware is soft and software is hard.

It does get fixed though. It just takes a lot of time and testing. The most valuable thing in addressing a problem is a reliable "reproducer": if you can get the software to hang/crash consistently, you can be pretty sure you've fixed it when you've identified a cause, fixed that, and the reproducer stops reproducing the problem. If it's intermittent it's much harder to fix.
You are a great debugger. Come on, software is not hard. It is just typing. :D When I debugged hardware a long time ago :D, signal integrity and floating ground is what I go for first.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

We complain about Fisker and their first car and its crappy software, but I was reminded today that they are not alone, as I fired up my UH-60M helicopter today got everything up to getting ready to takeoff and had to shut completely down because of a glitch in the software showing a rotor overspeed, which I know for a fact did not happen. When I fired it up a second time, all was good. This is a $16+ million dollar aircraft that is really just an upgrade to an 30 year old existing aircraft built by a company that built the first helicopters in the world. Once you have seen the world from my eyes, Fisker's problems seem like hiccups. But like hiccups, one can tolerate them for a short while, but when they last a 'significantly' long time they become painfully intolerable. Progress seems to be being made, so I am content for the moment.
As for troubleshooting/debugging, I completely agree that reproducibility makes errors much easier to fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

I have to say that my communication with Fisker Corporate Customer Service has been excellent. I get immediate call backs and if not immediate then my dealer makes sure they are immediate. I have been given a number by the dealer to reach Fisker directly and it has been faultless.
As far as Henrik's call to us, I have asked about the delay. They very apologetic and said that Henrik is out of the country on a promotional tour and will be making the promised phone calls upon return ( I didn't ask when).
As you know 6.14 was released today and they gave me a run down of what it is to fix. Amongst other things, it will take care of presets, BT quality, lagging fan response, mirror folding etc. My dealer is flat bedding me tomorrow from my office with loaner delivered to the office- I can't complain. This is the service I expected from the company projecting the image Fisker is projecting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

Good news!

Did you read this?
http://myfiskerkarma.com/2012/02/09/speedy-is-back/#comment-17

Sorry, I don't know how to start a new thread. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
RE: Everyone just needs to see the Karma stabalized (software etc) and Funding worked out

Sparky168 said:
Good news!

Did you read this?
http://myfiskerkarma.com/2012/02/09/speedy-is-back/#comment-17

Sorry, I don't know how to start a new thread. :mad:
Who wrote that? Which software version? Stop teasing us like that :dodgy:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top