Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished stripping down this wrecked car last month. Not my first strip-down, but the first I thought to take pictures of.

The windshield and rear glass were left in. The solar panel was literally cut off the car in the interest of speed. Everything else was taken off 'correctly', to be re-used.

The interior is still intact, so if any of you Standard owners wanted to 'upgrade' to the interior of an Ecosport, let me know. Perhaps you only want to upgrade the sound system? That's all available as well. If you're looking for something specific, let me know, as a number of the parts have been sold off or are pending.

All the damage was to the front right (You can see the cross-member bent in, almost touching the frame). The suspension in that corner was destroyed. The fender and front bumper were junk. Grills were destroyed along with anything else in that corner. The damage stopped where the 12V Battery sits, though even that was a bit crunched so I've already turned that in for recycling. Surprisingly though, the car still turned on and moved under its own power. Sure, it dragged that front right rim/tire around on its side, but I was still able to use the motors to put the car onto the lift the first time.

Now for pictures!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gave it away. I don't have the capability to transport it to a recycle facility, and the lift it was on was needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lormax,

You actually have the elusive speakers. Could you please PM the speaker sizes if that is not too much trouble.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure thing. Which did you want? Door speakers or the speakers on the rear shelf?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The sizes of the door speakers, the center channel speaker in windshield, and the speakers sizes on rear deck to include subwoofer. If I could get the sizes I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, thanks for the floormats, they look great.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The door speakers you'll have to give me a bit, I've put all the large body panels into a storage unit. The dash is at the shop, I can grab that measurement tomorrow. The rear deck speakers I think I have here at the house. Expect a reply in a bit.

I gotta ask, what's the upcoming project?

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
To my (admittedly untrained) eye, the damage looks reapirable. Why did the owner decide to strip it instead? Is it the lack of replacement parts? It's sad to see one of the few Karmas in the world in such a state.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The crossmember being destroyed was the main cause for it to be totaled out by the insurance company. It was then sold to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The door speakers you'll have to give me a bit, I've put all the large body panels into a storage unit. The dash is at the shop, I can grab that measurement tomorrow. The rear deck speakers I think I have here at the house. Expect a reply in a bit.

I'm sure you already know lol and yes I know many are against it. Luckily this one is mine. My goal is to upgrade my "upgraded" factory stereo to one more my symphonic taste. However, I was apprehensive about having my dash and doors exploded just to find out speaker sizes. So your information is beyond helpful.

·
Cloud Based App Developer
91 Posts

Did you happen to get the Owner's manual from it as well ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It didn't have the owners manual. I think the wrecking yard grabbed anything that wasn't bolted down...The tire inflator wasn't in the car either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there: Had something weird happen this am... The rear center channel speaker started buzzing loudly as soon as the car started rolling - and then increases and decreases in PITCH according to the RPM's - stopping completely when at a full stop.

Any ideas?.. I "rebooted" the car to no avail...

PS: Coincidentally, the system panel is indicating a low left rear tire (14psi) which I checked immediately and it must be a faulty sensor. When I reboot the car, this error takes a couple minutes to reappear - but the speaker still makes the buzzing. Therefore, I'm assuming one has nothing to do with the other?..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Based on the info posted, my guess is a faulty CIU. You can disconnect the subwoofer at the connector to get rid of that loud buzzing noise, but the CIU most likely needs to be replaced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts