Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help with this error code. Check engine light on and car will not charge, only runs on the ice. From what i gathered is the battery pack needs to be removed from car and the contactor needs to be replaced? Was quoted around $2000.00 for this repair. Is there any other options or some cheaper price out there?

Thanks
orhpandave :fisker:

·
EV Enthusiast
110 Posts
Need some help with this error code. Check engine light on and car will not charge, only runs on the ice. From what i gathered is the battery pack needs to be removed from car and the contactor needs to be replaced? Was quoted around $2000.00 for this repair. Is there any other options or some cheaper price out there?

Thanks
Wait until September 1 when the warranty kicks back up.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts

Thanks
Dave who quoted you the price of the work and where are you located . Thier is only a couple of us who would even attemp to repair the HV battery I can honestly say myself and a support member of HSS where the first ones who started repairing battery packs . Neither A123 or Fisker trained us to repair them . I learned by taking one apart and I stayed in touch with a field tech engineer that was contracted by Fisker he worked for A123 .

Since Fisker only replaced complete batteries and didn't service them I'm not sure how they will participate in the cost that's just my opinion.

Repairing the charging issue isn't that complex but do the wrong it will be your last repair this isn't a job your local repair shop can do . I have cars shipped to me on a weekly from all over the country . I have three cars in the shop now that I'm working . If your located in the N.J. Area my buddy Joe can repair the battery . $2000.00 is a little high but not by much it all depends what the per hour labor rate you are qouted .

I carry the parts in stock that are needed to get the car charging again . I also have direct contact with Fisker . Matter of fact they have technical help again which was called the TSS .

The cost of the repair compared to the price of a new battery is peanuts more inportant your problem can be repair . Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions about the HV battery

1 - 3 of 3 Posts