Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car out to a "cruise in" on Friday night that I have been attending for years (I used to show cars in my younger adult years and I grew up working on cars in my dad's garage and going to shows with him!), but this was the first time in 15 years I had my own car there. I was exhilarating! I didn't stop talking for 4 hours to people about my Karma. It was quite the attention getter and people kept thanking me for bringing it and letting them see the car in person. It was so fun :)
Today I am at a charity car show being hosted by a local car club. Again, I just thought it would be fun to talk with people about my Karma and let them see one in person. Mine is not a show car and I do drive it pretty much daily but I love educating people about these cars so much :) (Wonder if Karma will want to empty "brand ambassadors" for the new ones coming out? ;)
It has had quite the "buzz" (pun intended!) around it all morning.
I'm attaching a few pics from both events.
And you can see from the pics, the Karma is a great car to base your Split the Pot ticket purchase on......way better deal at "$20 for the length of your car" than the regular 6 tickets for $5 selling price!
For the love of Karmas! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice pictures! You will get used being a brand ambassador. We all are. Every place you come, people ask questions, and take pictures. No other car than Fisker attracts people like this... :)

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
@yoursupergirl, I have showed my car at a couple of charity events, and my experience is the same as yours. The Karma attracts so much attention because it is so rare and so beautiful and everyone wants to know about it. In one event, I took a folding chair but never even got to set it up. It's a lot of fun, but it's pretty exhausting afterwards. Nice job with your displaying skills, and great personal license plate also.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
@yoursupergirl, I have showed my car at a couple of charity events, and my experience is the same as yours. The Karma attracts so much attention because it is so rare and so beautiful and everyone wants to know about it. In one event, I took a folding chair but never even got to set it up. It's a lot of fun, but it's pretty exhausting afterwards. Nice job with your displaying skills, and great personal license plate also.

Off Topic... but how did you fit a folding chair in your Karma? roof rack?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What an incredible day! I WON a BEST OF SHOW award today!! I had no idea I even had a chance of winning...it was crazy. I mean, obviously, the car gets a lot of attention, but to win a "Best of Show" in a car show with 250+ entries and some really really nice cars was crazy! I met a group 3 car show veterans that were super nice and "took me under their wing" today. After spending the day getting to know them and their beautiful cars (a 69 Mustang, 71 Charge & 69 Charger) I got to share in the winnings with them, as they also won trophies for their respective categories.
I just had to share with you all!
In addition to the excitement of the first half of the day with my Karma, I just had it loaded on a trailer and headed out to Cherry Hill Fisker for a good once over by Joe. Hoping to have it back quickly because now I am absolutely hooked on taking her out to more shows and cruise ins and can't wait to get back out there.
Hope you are all enjoying your Fiskers as much as I am :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha - yes - I don't think I got a chance to actually sit down in my folding chair more than about 10 minutes total over a 5 hour day. So much more fun than sitting though even though I am exhausted :)
And thanks for the compliment on my display and license plate.

·
Registered
859 Posts
"What an incredible day! I WON a BEST OF SHOW award today!!"

Congrats Jessica! You da lady!!

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I just received two of these beach chairs for the Karma. They feature regular seat heights and have good back support. They're also spring balanced so they open and close easily and stay that way. No chance of suddenly opening and scratching your car when they go in or out of the trunk. The price is also hard to beat:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZGQ6EOY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
I can beat the price. I got mine as free SWAG at a legal conference a few years ago. :D

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
My Karma and Marilyn

Showed my Karma again yesterday. This time Marilyn Monroe showed up, sang a bunch of her favorite songs and checked out my Karma. :shy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Showed my Karma again yesterday. This time Marilyn Monroe showed up, sang a bunch of her favorite songs and checked out my Karma. :shy:
Nice. Hope none of her diamonds scratched your diamond dust paint. :-/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your cars look fantastic. I'm not so vigilant at washing and waxing so I am not sure my car could be at that caliber (and it is black). I DO have the chairs, though! However using them at the beach once a week precludes me putting them in the car (I am not good at vacuuming sand either) :)
Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts